Hard Apple Cherry Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyrfalcon

Reaction score
Has anyone here made hard apple cherry cider before? What did it turn out like and what was your recipe? I've been wondering what it would turn out like.

Thanks!

I've got a cherry cider that kind of turned into a champagne on me (I bottled a tad early) but it is bloody good.

I just added about a pound or so of squeezed cherries to a gallon of cider. I was still experimenting though, so you might want to find a better recipe, but it's not bad.

I have been experimenting with mixing Trader Joe’s cherry and cranberry juices with Mott’s Apple Juice. All without preservatives and great results. I use 3 lb of brown sugar, yeast nutrient, acid blend, and dry packet of ale yeast. The first batch I used one gallon of cherry to four of apple and carbonated with corn sugar. It came out great with nice carbonation. The next batch I used over 2 gallon of cherry with 2.5 of apple. The cherry really came out and with the brown sugar a wonderful flavor. This one failed to carbonated, but I hardly cared and drank it up. Right now I have one going with cranberry which is tart, so I used 32 oz. of honey and 2lb brown sugar on top of that. It is still cloudy, but should clear out.

This can be cheaply made. BJ’s has the apple juice for 5.99 for two gallons. You can’t beat that. I have had no trouble with fermentation, it just takes off and finishes nicely, going from 1.080 or so down to 1.010.

I have one going now. I used just under a gallon of apple juice and 8oz cherry juice concentrate. No sugar, just juice. It's about 2 months along and tastes divine right now...

Well I'm drinking mine right now and it taste like wine.but not bad 1gal tree top 1can apple cherry consentrate and champagne yeast 2weeks primary then 2weeks secondary on one bag frozen cherry's defrosted and one bag frozen blueberries pureed bottled with one tap corn sugar first taste today since bottling about a month ago good but will see if gets better with time

Back