American Pale Ale Three Floyds Zombie Dust Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the store at the brewery also closed? I have often stopped there in the past on trips to Chicago to pick up a case of ZD, but haven’t been by recently.

I have brewed this recipe many times. The most recent batch I used Saflager 34/70, since I had a yeast cake of it going. It’s ok, but think I will stick to an ale yeast for this one in the future. I have done other IPA’s using lager yeast that translated well, so thought I would try it.

Brewing this for a third time. It's a very nice beer.
I wish that Citra hops wasn't so expensive here. I've been buying it by the pound and its still $5 per ounce here. I doubt there's any way to use a cheaper hop for bittering and still get a similar flavour though.

I have another batch in the fermenter. This time I used Chinook hops for all the hot side additions. It has a similar AA to Citra, but should be more piney? Will probably still use Citra for the dry hops. Also, have some Mangrove Jack M54 lager yeast going. Which is kinda fruity. I’m thinking this will be closer to the Safale 04 which I usually use for this. Just experimenting...

Back