Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
Opening Day is less than 3 weeks away! Anybody else getting fired up???

I was pretty excited about the Brew Crew for this year, then Greinke had to go and get himself onto the DL playing in a pick-up basketball game............

Red Sox are looking good this year...too bad I'm a Rockies fan in MA.

Bernie Brewer, I think Marcum will be huge for you guys this year (barring injury)

Let's go rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am cautiously optimistic about this. Some days I see a lot of hope, other days I feel we are in for a huge let down. I consider myself a betting kind of guy and I wouldn't put a dime either way on the Rangers this year.

On the other hand, I am absolutely certain that the Astros will take the AAA crown this year.

That's how I felt last year, but I'm feeling pretty good about this season. As die-hard Ranger fan, I've spent many years getting my hopes up only to be let down so I know to be cautious. But if we can get our starting rotation set, I think we are going to have another great season!

As long as Mike Maddux is the pitching coach, the Rangers will do well. Gawd, I wish he was still with the Brewers..............

I fell like it's going to take a few weeks for me to get excited about baseball this year. I watched one Yankees preseason game and just didn't care. I'll come around eventually.

On the other hand, I am absolutely certain that the Astros will take the AAA crown this year.

I'm not sure the Astros could take the AA crown.:D

GO CARDINALS!!! I don't really get into baseball until hockey season is over.

Well, Meaty, the Brewers -on paper- are a much improved team, and are picked by many to win the Central. Personally, I am taking a wait-and-see attitude. Been burned too many times in the past.

It takes a hearty soul who doubles as a glutton for punishment to get fired up for Baseball season when you're an Indians fan. Go Tribe!!!

BTW, I think we're getting "Wild Thing" back this season since his TV gig dried up!!

Brewers fan formally from Wisconsin now in Houston. I try to catch as much as I can at a bar when they are playing the Astros. Good thing there are no Astro fans here to complain about the guy in Brewer's gear ;)

My wife and I actually named our dog Bernie. Getting pumped!

LOL that's awesome! I would do that, but all my dogs have been girls. Maybe Bernice........Hmmm.

He is clothed with a Brewers Collar and Leash... might add in a bandanna on game days but I don't want my wife to start dressing him up for every holiday and what not! haha.

Ugh. Now both Greinke AND Marcum are hurt. Marcum says he will be ready for opening day, but I am not holding my breath.

By simply releasing Luis Castillo and Ollie Perez, the Mets have now guaranteed themselves a post season spot...

...Or so the media would have you believe.

That being said, I'm excited to watch this team play under the new regime.

Dang. Just bought the Friday-Sat ticks for the 1st Seris against the Astros. Hopefully they'll be good by then. I wish I had a "normal" Saturday Sunday weekend so I could see the whole seris. Pumped!

We set our starting rotation yesterday. Gotta say, I'm not overly excited about it. But if Harrison and Holland keep throwing the way they have this spring, I will change my mind. In the meantime....LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta wait one more day for me! We don't start until Friday. But I will be there Friday, opening day, AND Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ugh. Same ****, different year. 3 run lead in the 9th, and they blew it. Axford didn't fool a single hitter. Looks like he was another one-year wonder. Grrrrr.

I know that was classic. Especially because since coming here he has proven the sportswriters all wrong. NY media ripped him as a poor decision because of his record hitting lefties. I guess Kevin Long knows a thing or two ;)

Ugh. Same ****, different year. 3 run lead in the 9th, and they blew it. Axford didn't fool a single hitter. Looks like he was another one-year wonder. Grrrrr.

That one was hard to swallow. 1 inning blunder :(

Brewers were playing so good up until the 9th too. McGehee should have committed to the tag out at 3rd and that game would have ended at 6-3 Brewers.

The more things change, the more they stay the same I guess.

That one was hard to swallow. 1 inning blunder :(

Brewers were playing so good up until the 9th too. McGehee should have committed to the tag out at 3rd and that game would have ended at 6-3 Brewers.

The more things change, the more they stay the same I guess.

That and Axford needs to disguise his pitches better. You can see his fastball grip plain as day the second it is out of his glove.

I know that was classic. Especially because since coming here he has proven the sportswriters all wrong. NY media ripped him as a poor decision because of his record hitting lefties. I guess Kevin Long knows a thing or two ;)

He will be a solid player if he stays healthy. He fits better down in the lineup not leading off like he was in Detroit. That was moronic.

Bernie Brewer said:
That and Axford needs to disguise his pitches better. You can see his fastball grip plain as day the second it is out of his glove.

I agree.. I'm really hoping Ax isn't I one year wonder. I really want to like the guy!

I liked Axford. Of course I was rooting for the Reds. I wouldn't get down on him so quickly. Didn't he spend a large chunk of spring training recovering from food poisoning or something?

Yeah, he was down most of the spring.

Wanna talk about nasty stuff, Saito. Those sliders were insane!

Yeah that was no fun. I am waiting for Aroldis Chapman to get some work in this series. He is always fun to watch.

Watching the Cubs-Pirates ATM. What's with Dempster's little glove-waggle every pitch?? He's been doing that forever and it drives me buggy. At least the Cubs are getting beat. ;)

Back