Getting back into baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda hard to think about baseball when Chicago may get a foot or two of snow this week isn't it?

Red Sox pitchers and catchers report in 2 weeks!!! HELLO SPRING!!

I probably should make a "cubs suck" joke here.........but, i would give anything to play again, good luck!

I probably should make a "cubs suck" joke here.........but, i would give anything to play again, good luck!

Haha, thanks for putting the rivalry aside. I'll remember that when the Cubs are sitting atop the NL Central in September.

Haha... :eek:

Go for it! Ive been playing baseball in a mens league here for over 20 years,and I have no intention of stopping.I still like to teach the college kids a lesson or two,and the friendships I have made will last a lifetime. Good luck,stay healthy.

Have fun, I have a buddy I throw the ball with, wish I had time to play.

I would love to get back into playing baseball, but all of my years in softball leagues mean that I now expect to drink beer while playing. Probably not to good for hitting a fastball.

I'd love to play the game again too. Literally have a dream about playing at least once a week. A few years ago I decided to join the ranks of the dark side and start umpiring games. Probably the closest I can realistically get to the game at my age. Brings back great memories although in my mind, I KNOW I could still compete! :)

Airborneguy said:
Guidry, I have to ask the obvious question based on your name and location...

You mean the "any relation" question? I haven't heard that one in a while.

Answer: My dad was very distantly related, same home town and where I grew up. Spent many nights back in the late 70s listening to NY games on the am radio when I was supposed to be doing homework or getting to sleep.

Thanks for asking!

Knew you'd figure that one out quickly ;) What a cool relation to have, if if distant. Great pitcher, and man from what people have said.

I'm a HUGE Yankees fan, so I think it's real cool no matter how distant your relation is!

Unfortunately this is not professional ball.

I think the opportunity may be beyond me by now, makes me sad.

Back