peach wine and asian pear wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Spent a few hours last night cutting up fruit. 20 pounds of peaches pitted and sliced..... then onto the asian pears. AFTER coring them I had 36 pounds. started 6 gallons of each type of wine last night. Had a heck of a time getting the OG on the pears but following a jack keller recipe so it should be very good.

You'll have to keep us posted on the asian pear wine. I've debated doing one myself but have no idea how they taste fermented.

Best of luck!

You'll have to keep us posted on the asian pear wine. I've debated doing one myself but have no idea how they taste fermented.

Best of luck!
I did a one gallon batch last year and they are VERY VERY good. Unfortunately for me I did not keep notes at all when I started sooo I am using a keller recipe only no tannin. he calls for 6 pounds of fruit per gallon on these as the taste is thin. I added raisins this time did not last year.

Just started a gallon batch of peach wine last night. Still not brave enough to make the big batches. Curious what yeast you used? I'm also using a Kellar recipe, so we'll see how it goes. Good luck.

Back