little trub in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
hey guys, just racked my brew to the secondary, got a little bit o' trub with it.. is this gonna hurt it? also, i didnt get the whole 5 gal because my siphon stopped.. is it gonna be a problem later on if i dont have the full batch to prime? thanks for your help!:cross:

Can't give you an answer, but I just did the same thing with my first batch. Little trub in secondary (non in the priming bucket) and then I ended up with 44 bottles filled. Also had a prob with malt utilization (lack of foresight on my part. Forgot malt would take up room in pot, almost over flowed pot with adding the malt extract) ANYway, I feel your pain, but HEY it's beer tight? how bad can it be?

Everything will settle again and you will be able to siphon pretty clear if you are careful.It should not hurt a thing. My auti siphon stay above the level of trub in the secondary so it is quite easy.

How much beer do you think you lost? If you lost a significant amount then you might lower the amount of priming sugar... otherwise I would just stick with the standard 3/4 cup of sugar.

I don't think you'll have any problems with the small amount of trub. Some people don't even rack to a secondary at all (especially the new guys) and their beers turn out fine... it'll be okay.

Back