Austin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iijakii

Reaction score
GF and I are going to Schlitterbahn this Friday and then going to hit up Austin that night and the next day. Anything bars better than Saucer? Any recommendations on (cheapish) things to do during the day?

Whip-in. Its right off i-35 and oltorf (about 4 miles from downtown) and has 72 taps, great bottle selection, and awesome indian food.

The Ginger Man is in the middle of downtown so you can get a good tap selection then easy walks for bar hopping.

I also love Easy Tiger. Its got a really good tap section (including a DFH 60 min. tap attached to a Randall the Enamel Animal) and good house made pretzels and beer cheese.

Its easy to find good beer here, almost every restaurant is going to have something local on tap. Defiantly get some Live Oak Hefe if you havent ever had it. Austin Beerworks has awesome beers as well.

Back