brew magazines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwookie

Reaction score
I came across a few different beer/homebrewing magazines the other day and was thinking about subscribing to one....does anyone have recommendations on magazines?

I like Zymurgy because it is free with your AHA membership...which saves me money at the LHBS and breweries. BYO is great too but you can access a lot of the content online for free. Yes.....I am a cheap homebrewer:mug:

Cool thanks I didn't even know about AHA I think that's what I'm gonna do!

Ooh that'd be sweet, definitely sounds worth it....and my 2 favorite local brews/food are on the discount list!

I get both BYO and Zymurgy. They are both great. Some content tends to over lap, but they are also good to have on hand for recipes, various builds, and all kinds of other random stuff.

All About Beer is kinda lame. It has very little for the home brewer. I am not going to continue my subscription, but I will be with BYO and Zymurgy.

Zymurgy = BYO. Both great mags. I don't get either anymore, I read them so quickly and they cover a lot of what you can find in this site. (but it was always a great day when one appeared in my mailbox! I'd take that sucker straight to the "reading room" and end up with my legs falling asleep by the time I reached the back cover :D )

All about beer is an interesting mag, nothing at all for the homebrewer. You can pick that one up at Barnes and Noble.

I subscribe to BeerAdvocate and BYO. Just joined AHA so I should start getting Zymurgy. Yes, most of the info is available online, but magazines are just great to read during downtime.

Zymurgy = BYO. Both great mags. I don't get either anymore, I read them so quickly and they cover a lot of what you can find in this site. (but it was always a great day when one appeared in my mailbox! I'd take that sucker straight to the "reading room" and end up with my legs falling asleep by the time I reached the back cover :D )

All about beer is an interesting mag, nothing at all for the homebrewer. You can pick that one up at Barnes and Noble.

I always wind up w/a wring around my butt in the reading room w/a good book or mag. LOL :tank:

I get BYO. I used to get Zymurgy, BYO and Brewing Techniques. Yes, I go back a long way. I really liked BT back in the day.

I used to subscribe to Zymurgy way back when it first started and it was a great magazine full of important homebrewing oriented info on materials, ingredients, techniques etc. Now I find it to be mostly a fan magazine for the AHA and its competitions - especially the competitions. Sometimes it seems that the whole magazine is devoted to "how to brew beer that will win competitions" rather than making great beer(not necessarily the same thing). If you're into competing, then I guess that's fine, but I find it to be a turn off.

I do pick up BYO at the bookstore and have serioulsy considered subscribing. I like its focus on materials, ingredients, techniques, styles and brewers - like Zymurgy was in the old days.

Back