Strange Taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made Orfy's Hobgoblin II to give as Christmas gifts. Honestly I was sort of down because of a medicine after taste. Fast forward to today. My CO2 went beat so I went to the store to get beer for the games today. I see Delirium Tremers and figure that I would give it a try. This beer has the exact same after taste as my home brew. What gives?

Either way I don't remember commercial Hobgoblin tasting that way. I told everyone I gave the beer to hold off, that it may need to age. To my knowledge the only one who a drank it is my BIL. Who loved it and wants more. Me I can hardly drink it.

(I am sure it is my technique Orfy, and not the recipe)

If it tastes of band aid then that is a typical description of a beer that is infected.

I once tasted this in a bottled homebrew and thought I have to bin it.
1 month later and with relief I found it had gone.

I've never tasted it since in a beer. But I no longer bottle.

How do you sanitise?

Sanitizing..

Currently I am using Idophor (whenever its gone I am switching to starsan). Clean and soak with Oxiclean. Rinse and then Idophore. I even brushed clean these bottles because I found one that was gross. (I don't bottle any more either but for this batch).

The odd thing is that this batch had the same crazy after taste as the Delirium Tremers that I bought... @ $12.00 a 4 pack.

Chris_Dog said:
$12.00 a 4 pack.

GOOO!!!
You should write them a letter. That's not cheap beer, and if there really is a problem, maybe they'll send you a coupon for a free 4-pack or something (I don't even know if there is such a thing as a beer coupon). Or maybe a t-shirt or something.

Back