Barley Crusher o-ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waunabeer

Reaction score
I found this in my bucket after I used the mill. Is this a critical part in the mill or no need to worry?

ForumRunner_20120717_082810.jpg

ForumRunner_20120717_082821.jpg

There is documentation that comes with your BC that says the o-ring might wear off and if it does not to worry about it. I just got mine, hasnt worn off yet but Im keeping an eye out for it.

Nope, it's unneeded :) Be thankful you found it in the bucket, I actually boiled mine for 60 minutes...beer tasted a little interesting but acceptable I suppose.

Having disassembled and reassembled my BC a few times I'm fairly certain the o-ring is installed to make it easier for the mill assembler to assure that the otherwise free-spinning roller isn't binding...

Cheers!

how did it make it through your mash? haha

I toooootally didn't notice it come off when doing my crush, then while stirring the mash I was like "what the hell is that black thing? Probably a big husk or something..." then I noticed the slight off flavor and the missing o-ring, put two and two together, hehe

Little rubber never hurt no one, right?

But yeah good point it didn't actually make it to boil, thank god, just mashed it for 60 minutes and such hehe, that makes me feel a bit better about ingesting that amount of yuck!

Back