Barbecued Chicken Breasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BARBECUED CHICKEN BREASTS

2 tbsp. onion, chopped
1 tbsp. butter
1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. vinegar
8 chicken breasts

Sauce: Saute onions in butter until brown. Add remaining ingredients, except chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Briquet or gas grill the chicken. Place chicken with flesh side up on grill. Barbecue with low, indirect heat for 15 minutes, brushing frequently with sauce. Turn and cook another 15 minutes, basting as needed. Serve with additional sauce.

Found this recipe online, and I'm making it as I type. The sauce is OUTSTANDING, even though it's deceptively simple. I used cider vinegar and added about a Tbsp of Cattleman's BBQ sauce plus a dash of Worcestershire. I think you could substitute a stout or porter for the water, and it would be a welcome addition. I'm drinking my Floor Kill Ale (Dead Guy type brew), and it seems to pair nicely with the flavor of the sauce.

Dinner is served soon!

Chili's Monterey Chicken

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
2 slices crisp bacon (should be very crispy)
1/4 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend

Pound chicken breast until it is somewhat flattened, and season with salt and pepper.
Spray Pam in a nonstick skillet, and cook chicken breast until it is done.
Transfer to a serving plate.
Top chicken breast with Barbeque sauce, bacon, and cheese.
Broil chicken breast in the oven, or melt the cheese in a microwave.
Sprinkle with a small amount of cold chopped tomatoes and chives.

A variation - prepare the chicken on the grill, basted lightly with barbeque sauce (see previous post). Also, cook the bacon on the grill (on a sheet of aluminum foil). When cooked through, transfer the chicken to the aluminum foil used to cook the bacon. Top with bacon and cheese, and allow the cheese to melt. Serve with a bit more BBQ sauce and a crisp, hoppy pale or amber ale.

Back