Brew 365 - Mash/Sparge Water Volume Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FensterBos

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Brew 365 Mash & Sparge Water Calculator before? I am currently boiling a batch of lager and this is the second time I have too much water than my estimated boil. Let me know what you think my numbers should be.
All-Grain Recipe with 7.5 gallon kettle
11.5 Lbs. of Grain
Mashed with 4 gallons per Brew365 Instructions; extracted 2.5 gallons of wort pre-sparge.
Sparged with 5 gallons per Brew365 Instructions (batch sparge)
I couldn't fit the last 1 gallon of the sparge in my kettle; so I think my boil volume is at 7 gallons.

So, with 11.5 lbs of grain, should I be using a total of 9 gallons of water or is this calculator off? Hopefully I have given enough information.

In 30 minutes I can probably tell you how much my final volume is; I boiled an extra 20 minutes prior to adding the hops to boil out some water. Total boil will be 80 minutes.

After boil volume is about 5.25 to 5.5 gallons; so Brew 365's estimate had me about 1 to 1.5 gallons over what was needed.

Back