What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about making some coffee. Maybe heading back down to Pittsburgh to see my 96 year old Nana who is "unresponsive" and just waiting for eternal rest. I've already said my goodbye on Thursday when doctors were sure she wouldn't make it to Friday. She always has been a stubborn woman! ;)
Though apparently not as stubborn as I thought as I just received a call from my dad as I was writing this. She passed away at 6:30 this AM, 6 days after her 96th birthday! What an amazing life she's had! I'm going to miss her, but I'm glad she's finally reunited with her sisters and husband who passed long before her! Gotta go make a few phone calls now.

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Sorry for the loss.

Lunch soon, then onto some beers in a bit.

See, I love drinking a lot while brewing. But not to the point where I can't carry my kettle from the garage to the basement without falling on my face.

Finished this Jester King. Time for something else before I run the sparge water out of the tun.

When SWMBO is away, it's time to play ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396717764.711707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Too right Fins. It's kinda sad when I think about it. it's true when they say running a brewery is 90% cleaning and paperwork and 10% brewing. We will be brewing more soon though and will be entering all the competitions we can.

Just saw a red tail hawk fly by with a ****ing squirrel in tow!!!!! Wow! Killing machine.

OJ because I am so hardcore.:fro: But I am thinking about the sixer of canned sculpin I may be buying later today, other wise its homebrew on.

Did you document your build or did you buy that? Hows it work?
\Ready for a beer, what to drink?

My condolences Ty.

I got it from a brewer friend. He didn't need it any more and gave it to me. It's has one heating element and a controller. It heated 5 gallons of water to 170 in 15 minutes. It's powerful lol

1396724402401.jpg

I got it from a brewer friend. He didn't need it any more and gave it to me. It's has one heating element and a controller. It heated 5 gallons of water to 170 in 15 minutes. It's powerful lol

Thats cool, saves propane and fast, win,win.
My IPA, hops are braking ground! Ok I cheated and brush a little mulch aside.

IMG_2570.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396726256.088354.jpg
Rye Of The Tiger. I'll be picking up more of this before it's gone for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Seltzer water right now. But got these guys in the fridge. My first time scoring KBS after striking out every year. One bottle limit. But I'll take it. One Bluebird is for after we move. When I'll try and culture the dregs for Round 1 of an attempted clone. The other I'll probably have later tonight.

20140405_150556[1].jpg

Ska brewing Nefarious Ten Pin.
Good stuff, I've been thinking about upgrading my porter recipe to imperial, I think this has convinced me.

Loving the old chub [giggle, giggle]. Smacked, I believe is the word I'm looking for. Had some Red Seal (good, not great), Sculpin (awesome) and now some chub [more giggling].

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Just came in from poking around in the yard. Still to wet to truly do anything. it rained 3" on Thursday. Its now time to relax with a brew..maybe play some Sim City.

Sixth Glass Quadruple Ale
boulevard Brewing Co.
KIMG0213_zpscqove610.jpg

I have to move the car back into the garage. Jesus take the wheel! sm,acked!

Coors Light

Yeah. i know. Its terrible, but I am watching baseball, and felt it was appropriate. I am headed to a friends house for a party in about an hour, and taking 2 growlers of HB, along with a couple bottles. Figure Ill take it easy before I head over.

Sampled my rhubarb mead (hot, but crystal clear) and added half a vanilla bean. Will rack in a couple weeks.

Also sampled my IPA (tastes ok I think) and dry hopped. Finally sampled my gose. Solid pellicle but no tartness. The salt seems right on tho.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396730535.600934.jpg

And now drinking DC's open fermented hefe. Highly carbed (slow rise up the neck). The pic makes it look darker than it is. It's a good beer, but not the traditional hefe flavors. maybe I'm getting a little green apple? And a little bit tart. Interesting stuff.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396730797.065821.jpg

My mind's telling me no. But my body, my body's telling me yessaessssssssdsrses.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396732429.331591.jpg

Currently on the back deck grilling. I am in no shape to deal with fire right now. :D

My Hef efficiency came in at 87%. I bet the Germans have never heard of an imperial hefeweizen. :D

Latest posts

Back