Odd Foaming Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
My keg of Tequiza clone is pretty tasty, but has foaming issues.

I carbed it at 30psi for two days, then set it at 12psi and left it for a week.

Now, I get a ton of foam when I pour it. It is connected to 10 foot of 3/16 line with a picnic tap and 12psi of pressure. When I moved the line to another keg, it pours perfectly.

I suppose it could be over carbed, but that is strange, I carb all my kegs like I did that one.

Could the poppet be screwed up? That keg has worked fine before.

:confused:

You've eliminated the line as the problem, so the next thing to check is the poppet.

well then its probably over carbed. Is it possible you shook this one , or the crashed cooled it and when you set it at 30psi it was already cold and took in more co2.

If you have eliminated all but the keg it sounds like unfortunately you might need to bleed the keg and check the poppet or atleast take the carbonation down a bit

You can purge the keg, then remove the poppet. I'd purge, pop the lid on the corney, then remove the poppet, (this way, no beer geyser....). Don't seal it up until the post is back on. Your beer should stay well and carbonated while you check the poppet.

I guess it was over carbing. I had bled it a couple of times. When I got home last night, I bled it again. A couple of hours later, the pour was perfect.

Still trying to figure out how it got over carbed. Stuck gauge? I will play with my regulator this weekend and see if something is stuck or broken.

:confused:

Back