Damn Hbt!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
almost caused me a boil over!I need a lap top so I can brew and read this forum at the same time.That is all.

The beer is brewed.The yeast is pitched,And HBT and I are cool again.

You can pick up a useable second hand laptop cheaper than a good brew kettle.

Just do it. Problem solved. :mug:

Or you could disconnect your interwebs, have your buddy print off all the new topics, mail them to you, write your responses, mail them back, and have your buddy post your replies....

No, you need fermcap s in your boil kettle....

image_296.jpg

Fermcap-S Foam Inhibitor: Prevent boil overs on the hot side, add a few drops per gallon for a nice rolling boil. On the cold side, Fermcap keeps the krausen in your fermenter to 1/2 an inch. Allows you to brew slightly larger quantities in your existing fermentation vessels. Use only two drops per gallon at the start of fermentation. Used in the fermenter, it increases the bitterness of your beer (retained IBUs) by about 10%! Comes with dropper lid. Enough for about 20 batches.

Just a few drops/per gallon in your kettle and no issues whatsoever with surfing the web in another spot while your wort is boiling (and not over).

I often surf the web between hop additions, and have even taken a nap on occasion with my smaller stovetop brew kettle on the stove with a full boil going and the wort only about 1.5 inches from the top of the post.

Latest posts

Back