CT Brewers Check-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I'm just getting set in Bethel. So far, we absolutely love living here! I took SWMBO and my son along to check out Maltose Express, which will be my new LHBS. I was so impressed with the store and the people working there. I've never seen an HB store so busy. The owner even gave my son a frisbee and some Belgan Candi sugar to snack on. I feel that I got lucky this time. If anyone is in the Danbury/Bethel/Newtown area and wants to talk about a group brew in the coming weeks let me know.

I just brewed up 10 gallons of lambic the other week. Going to start building my single tier brew rig this weekend.

Man, I could've sworn I checked in here months ago, but apparently not...

Checking in from Terryville. Just brewed up a Marris Otter/EKG SMASH last weekend, planning to attempt a Brooklyn Cookie Jar Porter clone in the next couple weekends.

Pretty new brewer here -- I did my first extract kit in November, and I've made 4 All Grain batches since. This hobby is addicting!

I'm in New London, by the way.

i need to brew something soon... i'm getting that itch... that gold bond and antibiotics can't cure.. just not sure what i want to make... thinking maybe that 3% english mild bitters that Mark brewed for the BAR cask event

Hello fellow Connecticut residents. I am new to the homebrew world and am fermenting my first real batch of beer right now. I'm getting ready to bottle my red ale tomorrow or Tuesday. Ive really got the bug now and can't stop thinking about what to brew next. I am located in Colchester but work in Groton and am a sponge when it comes to knowledge, so if anyone or few people want to get together sometime over some beer and share some knowledge let me know. I am down. I'm planning a black IPA next so if anyone has had some trials or tribulations with that brew let me know. Thanks.

Dannyj

Southbury home brewer here. Man, I love this hobby. And my hat's off to this forum, my brews are definitely better thanks to what I've learned around here.

New CT brewers, you might want to consider joining a local brew club. I don't belong myself due to work schedule and grueling commute NYC conflicting with when the Underground Brewers Club of Connecticut meet, but from talking to some of their members they have a lot to teach (as well of offering good fellowship).

Biere_Titan said:
Southbury home brewer here. Man, I love this hobby. And my hat's off to this forum, my brews are definitely better thanks to what I've learned around here.

New CT brewers, you might want to consider joining a local brew club. I don't belong myself due to work schedule and grueling commute NYC conflicting with when the Underground Brewers Club of Connecticut meet, but from talking to some of their members they have a lot to teach (as well of offering good fellowship).

Thanks for the pointer, it's always nice to find out about brew clubs.

Kojack84 said:
Filed and received my LLC and tax id for the brewery-to-be!

Need to just finish typing up the business plan and keep this ball rolling.

Congratulations! Let me know if you need any support in your venture, especially if you need a discerning tongue for "R&D." :mug:

Good stuff kojak! Still looking at norwalk area?

I'm still only casually looking at locations, once I get things more finalized I'll start working with a realtor.

But Norwalk area won't be doable unless I allow myself pay much more for lease payment. Danbury has many more, cheaper, locations and has become a much more attractive location.

I'm in Norwalk, started brewing 3 months ago.

Norwalk needs a brewery. I will work for free there.

Hello fellow Connecticut residents. I am new to the homebrew world and am fermenting my first real batch of beer right now. I'm getting ready to bottle my red ale tomorrow or Tuesday. Ive really got the bug now and can't stop thinking about what to brew next. I am located in Colchester but work in Groton and am a sponge when it comes to knowledge, so if anyone or few people want to get together sometime over some beer and share some knowledge let me know. I am down. I'm planning a black IPA next so if anyone has had some trials or tribulations with that brew let me know. Thanks.

Dannyj

Waterford here. I've done two black ipa's so far. Bottled one and kegged the other. Much better on tap. I too have been bitten by the brewing bug

Junedaddy75 said:
Waterford here. I've done two black ipa's so far. Bottled one and kegged the other. Much better on tap. I too have been bitten by the brewing bug

I've been thinking about brewing a black IPA. Which recipe did you use?

I have used Norther brewers extract kits. Excellent by the way. Recently made the move to all grain brewing. Hoping as well to brew one soon again to see the difference.

Monroe here. I have 2 batches under my belt plus a batch of Ed worts cider. I'm planning my next brew day which will be a pair of American pale ales one only citra hopped the other either amarillo or cascade.

RedOktoberfest said:
Monroe here. I have 2 batches under my belt plus a batch of Ed worts cider. I'm planning my next brew day which will be a pair of American pale ales one only citra hopped the other either amarillo or cascade.

Welcome, I am in Bethel and I do my shopping at Maltose Express.

Hello fellow brewers! I just finished setting up a starter for a Black IPA I'm brewing this weekend waaaay down here in Rowayton. Are there any other brewers this far down in Fairfield Cty???

Back