Mounting Plate Chillers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I see a lot of cool brewstands where they have the plate chiller attached to the stand. How do they do that? I don't see any mounting holes on any of the chillers I've looked at. Did they make some kind of bracket?

:confused:

I see a lot of cool brewstands where they have the plate chiller attached to the stand. How do they do that? I don't see any mounting holes on any of the chillers I've looked at. Did they make some kind of bracket?

:confused:

Therminator comes with a heavy weight SS bracket. Very easy to mount.

I built my stand from angle iron and just make a little holder for it. It sits freely, but is secure and doesn't fall over. I don't remember what the orientation of the chill wort is, but it works great.

Should the (chilled) wort out end be down to avoid losing much to the chiller?

The Therminator operates in a horizontal position with the wort out connection on top. When cleaning\sanitizing, the Therminator should stand on end with all connections in the top position. To store\drain, it is turned in the opposite direction with all ports on the bottom. It is a bit perplexing to me how a CIP ritual would work for this particular chiller. Mine is not mounted yet.

You could make a bracket....they also make large U-bolts which would work well. I wouldn't make it too secure, because you'll want to take it out and drain it.

Back