Going to Toronto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
I am going to Toronto for a few days with a friend to see Niagara Falls and I was curious if there were any good breweries to check out in the area. Any info would be great!

In Toronto, Mill Street and Great Lakes are pretty good. For a beer bar check out Bar Volo and C'est What. Bar Volo is possibly the best beer bar in the province, IMHO.

In Niagara Falls, The Syndicate is ok and The merchant ale house in St. Catharines is alright.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM.

Was just at Mill St. this weekend. Solid place with good food too. Try the stout they've got going, it's quite good.

C'est What is a cool place and has real ale. Mill Street is ok but expensive.

Not sure if they're still open now, but at Black Creek Pioneer Village's brewery you can spend some time with the brewer and make a heritage beer. Google for their website.

Just yesterday a friend told me that Steamwhistle has a good tour - and their location is cool. They are in an old roundhouse very close to the base of the CN Tower.

I called Trafalgar Brewing in Oakville (between TO and NF) to ask about a specific beer and they seemed pretty cool on the phone and welcomed a stop-by any time, but suggested a call to make sure someone was there.

And of course, if you;re going to Niagara Falls, there are all kinds of vineyards and wineries that would be holding all kinds of events and tastings at this time of the year. Not beer, but hey, wine is good, too!

B

In Toronto, I suggest going to Steam Whistle. http://www.steamwhistle.ca/. This brewery hits a soft spot for me. I was there earlier in the year and, as I see it, they are the catalyst that finally made me take the leap into home brewing. They only make one beer, a pilsner, but it's pretty good. The brewery is next to the Blue Jays ball park.

Back