Last time I drank Tequila...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSweat

Reaction score
was about 25 years ago.

I went to a party and started shooting tequila. I had been there for about two hours and I don't know how many shots I had...too many obviously...and started feeling faint and sweating profusely, so I stepped outside to get a breath of fresh air. This was around 11:30. Well, the next thing I know, I'm opening my eyes to the sunrise covered in dew and freezing my a$$ off, it was late September. I had the worst taste in my mouth I have ever experienced in my life and it felt as though my stomach had been turned inside out. That day, and the next two were pretty much just a haze.

This memory was brought to you by a whiff of Tequila!

That was the last time I drank Tequila, and to this day, every time I even smell it my stomach starts to roll.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

One night about 10 years ago I drank a half pint of vodka and jack then downed a 5th of jager minus about 2 shots. It was at a big house party my friend threw. By 10pm no one could use the downstairs bathroom because I was passed out with my head on the toilet and puke everywhere. Apparently I would wake up and start yelling because I was dry heaving and it hurt and nothing would come up. The next day I woke up and felt like **** and my ribs hurt. Apparently that bottle of jager was supposed to be saved for a friend that got their later. He was pissed that it was gone and game in and started drop kicking me in the chest.

I was hung over for 2 days after that and still can't even smell jager.

Ya jus need t' jump back on th' horse what thru ya and tell it who's boss!

unless the horse is named Gin

or Jack

One night about 10 years ago I drank a half pint of vodka and jack then downed a 5th of jager minus about 2 shots. It was at a big house party my friend threw. By 10pm no one could use the downstairs bathroom because I was passed out with my head on the toilet and puke everywhere. Apparently I would wake up and start yelling because I was dry heaving and it hurt and nothing would come up. The next day I woke up and felt like **** and my ribs hurt. Apparently that bottle of jager was supposed to be saved for a friend that got their later. He was pissed that it was gone and game in and started drop kicking me in the chest.

I was hung over for 2 days after that and still can't even smell jager.

Mine was a non drinker buying shots for everyone. I passed out, on the toilet, in the bar. My buddy had to, god forbid, dethrone me, re-pants me, and remove me from the building or the bouncer was calling the cops. That was a first date night for him too, I still don;t know how to repay him for that but know I owe him HUGE.

My big tequila experience...

I was at a small party just after I got out of high school with my sister and some of her friends (I was staying with her and my BIL while looking for a job and apartment) and my sister and I were doing tequila slammers, trying to match each other. I reached a point where I was in the upstairs bathroom (townhouse apartment) lying on the floor.

I felt find so long as I was lying down, but I felt sick as soon as I tried to stand up. The problem was, I wanted to go back downstairs. So, I figured that as long as I do it lying down, I'd be fine.

My sister said that they heard a *thump... thump... thump thump thumpthumpthump" sound, picking up speed and looked up to see me sliding down the stairs on my chest like an otter, hands back, chin up, chest hitting each wooden step as I picked up speed. I hit the floor and ended up in a pretzel shape against the wall at the bottom of the stairs.

Someone asked me if I was ok and I reportedly said, "I feel fine but that's going to hurt like a motherf***er tomorrow."

Not with Tequila but Scotch. I drank too much of it (mixed with RC Cola) many years ago. I still can't stand the smell of it.

It took me 25 years after my bad experience to even try it again. Never got sick, but I was just a total A** hole. Now in moderation I am ok with it. Still leery about it so I limit myself to 3 shots twice a year.

Jagermeister is my enemy. Same sort of scenario. Never again.

I was at a party a couple of years before I was legal and someone had a bottle of that **** there and after a few shots had had enough. I drank the rest of it and felt like hell for about a week. I swore it off until a few years ago and now it's about the only thing I'll shoot.

College days. Started with a fun night with a girl, ended with a hospital visit.

I can hardly look at a bottle without almost gagging. Regular rum is fine, so it must be a mental thing.

Not with Tequila but Scotch. I drank too much of it (mixed with RC Cola) many years ago. I still can't stand the smell of it.[/

scoth and Rc cola, your making me sick to my stomach, i love scotch, its always a bad night when when scotch comes after beer but mixing it with RC thats foul

I don't do much liquor. I've been a beer guy my whole life. Especially when I was in college, I would tend to drink it like it was beer. I've had a few good (bad?) ones though.

Vodka: Drank a pint like it was a beer in about 15 min (was 19 at the time). I vaguely remember trying to figure out how to work the door on my dormroom to get out. I woke up over 24 hours later and was hungover for a week. To this day (10 years later) if I can taste vodka at all in a drink I puke, even if its the first sip of alcohol in the night. In hindsight I really should have gone to the hospital. I'm probably lucky to be alive.

Tequila: On a dare did a shot the "Man's way". Where instead of licking salt, doing the shot, and putting the lime in your mouth you snort salt, do the shot, and squeeze a lime in your eye. If a friend ever dares you to do this tell them to **** off. However, if you have an idiot friend who deserves to be screwed with, its a great suggestion. Aside from that, I've never really had a bad experience with the stuff. Unless its good Tequila I don't like it. I'll do a wayward shot of Patron or 1800 Reserve but I'm not spending the cash to get drunk on that stuff.

Jager: Enough said, its Jager. I've noticed if Jager starts flowing it's inevitably going to be either a great night to be remembered (sorta) or a really really bad night. There is absolutely no middle ground.

Amaretto: Had a ton of really weak drinks mixed with sprite one night hanging out at the house. I really didn't even get that buzzed but my stomach felt like it was being stabbed. I ended up on the floor in the fetal position from the pain. Never happened again, but it was really weird.

I'm not a hard liquor drinker, but I used to love the smell and taste of tequila.

About 12 years ago, I was at one of those camping/country music events and drank more than my share of beer. I hate country music, but I love a party. Apparently, I drank my own 30 pack and then some tequila with some strangers and jumped on stage and danced with a guy named Neal McCoy. I don't really remember much, but my friends "lost" me and couldn't find me and looked up and saw me on the Jumbotron so they knew where I was.

I got hauled off back to my campsite where I had a grand old time drinking tequila with my new friends.

I felt terrible the next day, but the people in the next campsite decided to have a fish fry that lasted all day long. It was about 95 degrees, and the smell of fish permeated my camper, and trust me that fish and a tequila hangover are probably the worst two combinations.

I impressed my friends and neighbors, who invited me to eat with them, by vomiting into their firepit.

Midway through Fire Academy a group of us went out to celebrate crushing the midterm testing and the PAT. Wound up at a place called Bokampers and the damn bartender kept bring us tequila shots. I don't remember anything after about 9pm except for telling my GF how to get back to 595 and the Sawgrass Expressway since she had never been that far south. Odd how even black out drunk I can still give dead on balls accurate directions.

4 years ago, two friends and I decided to have a tequila night. We each bought a bottle, downed before we went out, and hit the road for a good night. I woke up in apartment in a building i had never been before, on their couch, clothes on, with empty beer bottles being pelted at me. I got out of there fast.
My friend Ben? he made it 40 feet out of the apartment, jumped down a flight of stairs, and blew out both his knees.
My friend Gough? Well, we don't know what happened to him. He remembers, but to this day, he won't tell us.

Ya, I split a bottle of scotch with a friend when I was 19, we killed that bottle in about 2 hrs. I didn't think the human body was capable of sweating that much that fast. To this day just the smell of the stuff makes me gag.

When I was about 22 I donated a pint of blood in the afternoon, drank a half pint of VA Gentleman, and drank 10 beers in an hour later that evening. I passed out shortly there after.

After a night of barfing, I had to report for duty. My morning ended with me puking in front of the battalion commander

All in all there were many lessons to be learned that night...

Worst for me was a 1/4 bottle of Southern Comfort 100 Proof. I was just drinking on the porch with the guys while their wives were inside talking, I got really "tired" all of the sudden and went to bed. or so I thought.
The next morning I hear from them that apparently I came back out to the kitchen to get some water wearing only my boxer briefs and instead of going back into bed I flopped down into the lazy boy right next to the the women and then proceeded to pass out.
Thankfully one of the dudes came by and dropped a blanket on me. I still have no memory of this and in fact thought they were full of **** for months, until one of them out of the blue texted me a picture of me passed out in the chair.

ahhh yes the old liqueur thread..

Jager: unless I have a pretty solid buzz the smell makes my stomach turn and I dare not take the shot or it will come up faster then it went down.

Jack:I used to drink Jack on the rocks in a pint glass at TGIF's with a splash of coke. or in a bar else where I'd order tall jack splash of coke. after several times of waking up the next morning and not remembering what happened because I blacked out I decided Jack and I should part ways. I do not drink jack anymore.

Vodka: my drink of choice is Kettle One gimlet

Tequila:I don't mind shots of Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia Tequila or better. basically if the shot cost less than $20 I don't want it. I can drink cheap chit in margaritas though.

Rum/Gin: its all good rum and coke gin and tonic yes please

-=Jason=-

I drank a bottle of cinnamon Schnapps with my buddies wife one night. The night proceeded as, "Hey you want another shot of cinnamon?", "Hey, you want more cinnamon?", "you want some morsimon" to me running barefoot down a county road and laying in a ditch puking what could have been re-bottled and returned to the store as cinnamon schnapps. I cannot smell cinnamon liquor still. That was probably 12-13 years ago.

my liquor regime consists of the occasional glass of Makers Mark or the occasional Kettle One and Tonic. Although this past weekend my BIL was in town and I broke out the bottle of Agavero that's been hiding in the back of the freezer for a couple years now. I just had 1 2oz drink. I figured it was needed when my BIL started pouring himself shots of the Jose from the liquor carousel. If he's going to drink Tequila, he might as well drink something that tastes good.

one night about a year ago my wife and i were drinking tequila at a party. at some point we both got naked as **** and, well. im not really sure what im allowed to post on here, but "something" happened. anyway it was in front of everybody. she didn't say anything about it in the morning so i didn't bring it up. but when a friend said "hey do you remember when this happened?" she got embarrassed and turned beet red. so she no longer drinks tequila. (i still do, not as shy as she is;))

It's Tequila for me, but not in the "Throwing up my toenails" way. Tequila just hates me. I can drink plenty of bourbon, vodka, scotch, beer, Jager, or whatever, get a good buzz or even a solid drunk going, and wake up feeling fine the next morning.

Give me one teeny Tequila drink in there, even a small margarita, and I'll wake up with a monster headache. This goes across the tequila spectrum from el-cheapo rail brands up to the good stuff. It's too bad, because I like tequila. It just doesn't like me.

I have the exact same reaction to Tequila - my experience was 17 years ago. I cannot even smell Tequila or I have the urge to vomit. I spent nearly 3 days recovering from those 18 shots of Tequila.

Jager and Rum both for me.

The smell of either just kinda turns my stomach anymore. Sugary sweet smell of rum(s) and the black licorice smell of Jager. Blech.

was about 25 years ago.

I went to a party and started shooting tequila. I had been there for about two hours and I don't know how many shots I had...too many obviously...and started feeling faint and sweating profusely, so I stepped outside to get a breath of fresh air. This was around 11:30. Well, the next thing I know, I'm opening my eyes to the sunrise covered in dew and freezing my a$$ off, it was late September. I had the worst taste in my mouth I have ever experienced in my life and it felt as though my stomach had been turned inside out. That day, and the next two were pretty much just a haze.

This memory was brought to you by a whiff of Tequila!

That was the last time I drank Tequila, and to this day, every time I even smell it my stomach starts to roll.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

Bad tequila will do that. Stay away from that Cuervo swill.

I only got drunk on Tequila once. I don't remember most of the night, but I do recall flinging my CDs one at a time at the wall yelling about what importance each one held for me. I have no idea why I was angrily destroying them. That's also the only time I recall being angry/violent drunk. Usually, I'm happy as heck when I drink!

I will occasionally drink a margerita, but that's as far as tequila and I go anymore.

My brother and I went to an older bachelor neighbor's house to shoot the breeze one summer night.

He had a bottle of tequila with the worm still intact in the bottom. He poured it into a tablespoon, and as he sipped from the spoon, some spilled onto the bare wooden floor. With a laugh, he quickly stomped his foot onto the small spot on the floor and said, "Don't want that **** to catch the floor on fire!"

im the same way when I smell a three wisemen shot (combo of johny walker, jim beam and jack daniels). YUCK. makes my stomach ROLL.

wow, all you jager haters. I drink that on the rocks and love it. My worst was a bottle of Ice 101 (1/5 gallon, 101 proof) while at a bonfire. I guess I almost rolled into the bonfire several times while "making love" the bottle and I had to be carried back inside. I don't remember much of that night.

I have had many a very druken night errrr day errrr morning :eek: off of ice 101. One night 5 of us almost killed 3 bottles. Only way any of us even remember that night is because someone for some reason set up a camcorder.

I can't believe someone else has done "Three Wisemen" shots!

A word to the wise, don't ever drink this alongside "Prairie Fires" (tequilla and tabasco sauce).

For me it is Ouzo. The smell takes me right back to that night of endless vomiting. I can still see that oily ouzo sheen.

Went to a Halloween party one year as a Mexican. Bandalier of shot glasses and a thing of jose and the other holster of Jack. Ended up drinking the Jose by myself and to this day, have no idea where the Jack went.. There are pictures of me throwing the shocker in every picture. Don't remember any of that. I puked all over my buddies garden, then passed out in a swing chair.. Woke up the next morning, ate breakfast and went to sears to get a TV. No hangover. I felt like a friggin champ the next morning.. Jager, I can't touch. Gross!! Good time.

I can't believe someone else has done "Three Wisemen" shots!

That was shot #21 on my 21st birthday so many moons ago. My friends tell me I had a great time that night... I assume they are right, because I have no memories to argue.

Up until a couple of years ago, I couldn't stand tequila because...

About 18 years ago, in the Army at Ft. Bragg, I went out with a group of people. We hit a few clubs and on our way back to post, while sitting in the backseat behind the driver, I projectile vomited around / all over the back of his head, all over the windshield and right down his heating defrost vents.

I vaguely remember getting back to my room. The next morning, he came in to my room and said I had to clean his car. Although he had a point, I told him there was $400 in my wallet and he was welcome to it but, I'm not getting up.

He took it and didn't speak to me again after that... Can't really say I blame him! :mug:

I never liked tequila, at all. I met a girl who liked tequila, and I liked her, so I drank tequila. Now I'm married.

I can still drink tequila, but gin is my liquor horror. Back in high school a friends parents converted to Mormons, so we decided to help them by clearing out their liquor cabinet. I drank just about an entire bottle of some kind of gin, and then layed on their couch and hurled sideways onto what I am sure was a rather expensive rug.

I could barely tolerate the smell of a Christmas tree for several years after that and still to this day have not drank gin again.

Tequila -- ok
Jager - still ok, but not in years
Southern Comfort- very very very bad...evil...bad. I can't even smell it
Mad dog 20/20 - I can't tell you what happened...it was bad

I had a friend get sick on Jack and coke in College. He opened the window to throw up but didn't know the window screen was there. It acted like a strainer, some stayed, some left.

Oops sorry, didn't realize this was an old old thread. Well anyway, now you know.

Back