Keezer project started...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzybee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to a ruptured water heater in our basement (where my beer freezer lives), I've had to take my keezer out of commission. I figured this was a good a time as any to go ahead and "finish" it - put it on wheels and build a collar for it.

I got the "trolley" done last night - it's simply 2x4s and casters. Shouldn't have any trouble hold the freezer.

I would like to make a split collar. I have plans to have the back half of the collar attached to the bottom of the freezer, and the front half attached to the top. This should help me out in two ways - I can attach my hinges to the lid, where I know there aren't freezer lines, and I can have a lower spot in the front to load the kegs in.

To attach the two, I'm looking for those latches like you find on tool boxes or lunch boxes. Does anybody here know what those are called?

Back