1st Jaom...dissapointing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumbler

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and have searched for my answer with no luck. If I could get some help to point me in the right direction or an answer would be awesome... This is my 1st joam and I tried to follow the directions as close as possible but my inexperience probably hurt me a little. I just hit 60 days and racked it. After a taste I was highly dissapointed that it was like bread, and dirty feet...IDK maybe I can backsweeten and save it...if so should I go back with honey or like a lactose, maybe brown sugar I have no clue....plz help

Wait at least two more months. I've made several batches, and I don't bottle it until the 4th-5th month, and usually by the 6th-8th month it tastes awesome. I know the recipe says it finishes in 2 months, but it doesn't start to taste great until it ages a bit.

Also, Welcome to the addiction!

Okay...I wondered if it wasn't still alittle green. Ill just put her back to bed for a few more months and check again later. I appreciate the help beninan

Back