I just racked my Black IPA on 1!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid I know. Damn those delicious Belgian Beers!!!!! Please talk me off the ledge and tell me it is going to be ok....or that at the very least it won't make me sick

Cmon man... I know we've all had a few by this time on a friday night but this is rediculous :drunk:

Lets play fill in the missing information....

My guess

I just racked my black ipa onto 1 gallon of starsan.

If that is the case, no I would not drink it.

it was 1/3 rd of A gallon of well diluted SS solution. I read some other threads this morning and it seems it ll all be ok

I would dump it.

It may or may not kill you to drink it, but it is going to taste just awful.

Don't dump it, at least not yet. Assuming that's a 5 gal batch, that's less than 7% of the whole thing, and a black IPA is going to have a ton of stuff to cover up any off flavor you might get. Give it as long as you normally do and taste it, if it tastes bad then you can dump it out, but I'd wager that it tastes just fine and its nothing but a good story. And don't worry about the starsan, it breaks down into yeast food and really isn't bad for you assuming you diluted it properly. There's even a video out there of the 5star guy drinking some of the diluted starsan straight, so at the levels you've got you'll be more than fine.

Back