South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 11!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if you can add to the order. let me know??

I just want a couple of 1/4 mpt tail pieces for my keg couplers. shipping cost almost as much as the products total.
mfl%20tailpiece_thumb.jpg

If not I'll see if Brett over at BYOB will get them in

please support your LHBS when you can guys

Anyone else in on this buy brewing belgian style brews (dubbel/darks) interested in quarts of the D2 belgian candi syrup at right around 3 pounds in a quart?

D2 Belgian Candi Syrup - This syrup’s flavor is a mix of burnt sugar, figs, ripe fruit, toffee and dark chocolate. Highly fermentable.
syrup will contribute 1.032 PPG. 80 SRM Suggested usage rate is up to 1 cup per 5 gallons.

very good deal, I would add

Its confirmed then... Paypal is charging fees for Gift now! Yikes!

FUTURE PAYMENTS: Please included the PayPal fees on 2.9% + $0.30!!

bump

so the fees are 2.9% x [our invoice price] + $0.30? I'll be sending payment around 8-9 AM once I check my balance and want to make sure I don't screw it up.

my transaction say there was no fee?

Amount sent:
-$74.63 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$74.63 USD

Edit- or is that fees on my end? I do know my SWMBO just sent me some money thru paypal and no fees where taken out of that. Ill have to ask her how she sent it.

so the fees are 2.9% x [our invoice price] + $0.30? I'll be sending payment around 8-9 AM once I check my balance and want to make sure I don't screw it up.
That is correct.

so if we send the extra %2.9 + .30 wont they take a precentage of that too?
Nope

Amount sent:
-$74.63 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$74.63 USD
You wont be chanrged, i will:
Amount received:
$74.63 USD
Fee amount:
-$2.46 USD

Net amount:
$72.17 USD

Paid
No fee charged this time, same card as the hop buy.
When I did the hop buy it asked if I wanted to pay the fee or if it should be deducted from the payment. That didn't happen this time.

I found out the problem. If you are sending the money with a credit card Vs. bank account you are charged the 2.9. If you pay with the bank account or your paypal balance then there are no fees to the receiver.

https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/mark...ontent_ID=marketing_us/send_money_fees&bn_r=o

I'll send my balance to you.

hate to say it.. but it seems like they may now be treating this as making a purchase, or services, and not a personal transfer between friends and family. There has been a lot of transfers going on over the course of a year

Making a purchase, i.e. goods, services, or eBay items
All payment methods
Free to sender ... charged to receiver 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD.

Let's hope not

Anyone else in on this buy brewing belgian style brews (dubbel/darks) interested in quarts of the D2 belgian candi syrup at right around 3 pounds in a quart?

D2 Belgian Candi Syrup - This syrup’s flavor is a mix of burnt sugar, figs, ripe fruit, toffee and dark chocolate. Highly fermentable.
syrup will contribute 1.032 PPG. 80 SRM Suggested usage rate is up to 1 cup per 5 gallons.

very good deal, I would add

Same here. Jeff, I included a few extra bucks with my payment. If PP took that as a fee, please let me know and I will hook you up at pickup.

I used a balance I had in my PP account, not a credit card.

Maybe Paypal is doing this because of the holidays but EVERY payment was hit with fees!

Most of you tossed in enough extra to cover the fees but there is about $30 missing because of it. I'll PM everyone who was under:
I already PM'd a few of you and its too much PM'n! I'll just post the last few here.
asomers $2.22
steve0929 $1.02
ryan0914 $1.69
doughj1466 $5.01
Martin2D $4.00
dzlater $1.10
defenestrate $4.00

hey man, I have some amber for ya still if your interested??

also congrats on winning FIRST prize in the contest....sweet deal

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f22/winners-homebrewtalk-cityprofile-giveaway-214367/

conical_fermenter.jpg

First Prize - rtt121 14 Gallon Conical Fermenter

* 304 Stainless Steel with Low profile stand design
* Commercial-quality gasket made from durable, food-grade silicone
* 1.5 inch butterfly valve
* Threadless racking arm with position indicator
* Professional sanitary sample and transfer valve
* Domed lid with 3 inch clover fitting at the top
* Sturdy lid clamp allowing for 5 PSI of pressure (with addition of CO2 Adapter package)
* Includes stopper and airlock

WoW Rob!! man you must be :rockin: and :D:D ear to ear!

CONGRATS

And A HOPPY BREW YEAR TO ALL!

I know if may seem like small amounts but that list alone is just under $20 and i PM'd another $10 worth already. Thats a sack of grain!

If you guys dont want to use paypal for it, we can settle up at pickup.

Jeff
(im not telling what to do you run a great BB)
rule one maybe you might want to say
"When looking at the sales book, the pricing is in the "2,000# - 4,000#" bracket. Also, figure in $5/bag for shipping & Paypal fees"

then you don't have to pull out the calculator and times up 2.9%
Also charge the dollar a bag even if they pay cash
just trying to help

Jeff
(im not telling what to do you run a great BB)
rule one maybe you might want to say
"When looking at the sales book, the pricing is in the "2,000# - 4,000#" bracket. Also, figure in $5/bag for shipping & Paypal fees"

then you don't have to pull out the calculator and times up 2.9%
Also charge the dollar a bag even if they pay cash
just trying to help
That's a good idea but I don't want to over charge anyone.

lordura, my pm box was full all day, now cleared. I tossed $5 your way.
Thanks!

ok so if i send you the 4 i owe you, is this charge going to hit again?? just trying to avoid a cycle of paypal upcharges:(

sorry you had to deal with this mess!!
We can just settle up at pickup.

steve0929 $1.02
doughj1466 $5.01
dzlater $1.10
defenestrate $4.00
TenaciousJ $1.54

Thanks and i'm guessing you didnt see the problem with paypal charging fees for everything now. we can settle up at pick up

Current list:
steve0929 $1.02
doughj1466 $5.01
dzlater $1.10
defenestrate $4.00
TenaciousJ $1.54
rtt121 $6.79

I'm still wondering why and who moved these SJ/Philly buys over here? other buy threads are still posting over in the all grain forum.. Guys go there and look for active buys from this area and figure there is none going on at the present time

8-9 and 10 were started in all grain

Back