New Member - Newer Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodpanther

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just wanted to say "Hi" and thanks for all the information put on this site.
I started my brewing career this last Saturday with the True Brew Brown Ale Ingredient Kit, I used the True Brew brewing kit too.

Fermentation stopped 1 day ago (about 48 - 72 hours in) I did not follow the instructions to a T but did follow the instructions of a buddy who brews a lot. I did not do the concentrated boil, but did a full boil from a turkey fryer (which reminds me to say thanks to the guys on here who showed me the modification for the constant gas flow)

I will be bottling Sunday after thanksgiving and will be looking forward to trying the stale, room temp, flat brown ale before the carbonation begins.

Does anyone have any experience with a True Brew Kits (not very much information I am finding on this topic)?

Anyone try the brown ale? Not many posts talk about this.

Either or.... Cheers! :mug:

Welcome to HBT. You will find a lot of information on this site.

I have made the Nut Brown ale and it is very tasty. If I can offer any advice, don't push fermentation; let it go for a while, then check gravity to make sure it is done fermenting before you bottle. Sucks to have bottle bombs!

avidhomebrewer said:
Welcome to HBT. You will find a lot of information on this site.

I have made the Nut Brown ale and it is very tasty. If I can offer any advice, don't push fermentation; let it go for a while, then check gravity to make sure it is done fermenting before you bottle. Sucks to have bottle bombs!

I don't have a hydrometer, haven't purchased on yet. Any advice to bottle without one?

Dougie63 said:
tell us about the constant gas flow????

If you look on this website for a turkey fryer modification, it if very thorough with pictures. The constant gas flow allows for that constant boil

I don't have a hydrometer, haven't purchased on yet. Any advice to bottle without one?

After 3 maybe even four weeks of fermentation is becomin the popular primary fermentation time frame, I think it's safe to say fermentation should be fully complete by then, although no two fermentations are alike

But, you still need a hydrometer asap

WortIfied said:
After 3 maybe even four weeks of fermentation is becomin the popular primary fermentation time frame, I think it's safe to say fermentation should be fully complete by then, although no two fermentations are alike

But, you still need a hydrometer asap

Thanks for the advice. Well look into it

Latest posts

Back