Randall 3.0?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't gotten to building one yet, I'm still working on my kegerator. One project at a time...

the two vents on the top of the chambers are auto air vents to release air that builds up and contributes to foaming. i'm not exactly sure how it works, but i've emailed DFH to get the low down and hopefully plan my own build.

The vents up top look like what you put on top of a cast iron radiator to get air out of the system. I have one installed in one of my bedrooms. I would imagine any plumbing supply shop would have it. Home Depot or Lowes very may as well.

December 2008 issue of Brew Your Own had an article on how to build their "Hopinator" which allegedly fixes the foaming issue similar to the Randall 3.0. Anyone have a scan of this article? I scoured the seedy underbelly of the web to no avail. The parts list for the Randall 3.0 is pretty pricey. Thanks

part number for Atlantic Screen is WP-349CM ask for Pat at Alantic

Just a note if you build your own as I have it will run about 300 that's a savings of the shiping and 75.00 and no sticker

part number for Atlantic Screen is WP-349CM ask for Pat at Alantic

Just a note if you build your own as I have it will run about 300 that's a savings of the shiping and 75.00 and no sticker

Thanks for the part number, that will come in handy. You did pretty good on the price, I'm at $400 in parts and that still doesn't include the sticker!

sorry to revive an old topic, but I am trying to build one of these and I can't figure out what the PVC bushing from Progressive Machine is on the parts list. There is not part number and I can't figure out what it is from their website. Thanks for any help.

sorry to revive an old topic, but I am trying to build one of these and I can't figure out what the PVC bushing from Progressive Machine is on the parts list. There is not part number and I can't figure out what it is from their website. Thanks for any help.

Looks to be something that was custom machined, if you call them they should be able to help. The part is PVC Bushing; 2-3/8 dia x 1-1/4 long w/ 7/8-14Thd. And their # is (302) 422-8913. Hope that helps.

I never did build one, once again too many projects on the backburner to get started yet.

Back