Gimp Guru needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MX1

Texas Ale Works
Reaction score
I want to layer an image ontop of a seal I made at site talked about in the sticky thread, but I can not select just the image, i keep getting the back ground and everything. Also the colors are off when I paste it. I think it is the bottom layer showing thru.

Can some one please help me out.

Tim

If the image and background are in the same layer, I'd do a 'select-by-colour' of the background and then invert selection to get the image.

For the second problem, select the upper layer (the one which is getting bled through) go into layer>transparency>threshhold alpha and you can fix it there.

I want to layer an image ontop of a seal I made at site talked about in the sticky thread, but I can not select just the image, i keep getting the back ground and everything. Also the colors are off when I paste it. I think it is the bottom layer showing thru.

Can some one please help me out.

Tim

If the image is a .gif you will run into these problems. Try saving it as a .jpeg if it's not already and then deselect the background, copy and paste.

Back