Jolly Ranchers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
A friend told me he knew another person who did a little home brewing. He said that he added jolly ranchers to a homebrew and it tasted great. Sounds interesting. Has any one heard of this? How may would I add for 5 gallon batch, and what kind of brew would be best?

Thanks for any info,
fishnfever

I have heard of this being done with the watermelon. I am not convinced it is something I want to do but I would try googling "jolly Ranchers beer" and see what comes up.

Or "jolly ranchers" mead. I've had it once. If I remember correctly, they used five pounds in ten gallons of mead. Mixed flavors.

Brewpastor said:
I have heard of this being done with the watermelon. I am not convinced it is something I want to do but I would try googling "jolly Ranchers beer" and see what comes up.

Just what I was looking for!!

Here is a link that I found if any one else is interested.

http://byo.com/recipe/1330.html

I don't see why I couldn't use watermellon instead of the apple. any other thoughts on this?

fishnfever

Back