Blowout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
Ok so I was making some of the Graff Hard Cider from the recipe i found on here. Anyways sometime between last night and right now I guess the krausen built up and blew out of my airlock and overflowed. I removed the airlock, cleaned it and sanitized it, filled it back up and put it back. This overflow isn't going to affect the fermentation is it?

Ok so I was making some of the Graff Hard Cider from the recipe i found on here. Anyways sometime between last night and right now I guess the krausen built up and blew out of my airlock and overflowed. I removed the airlock, cleaned it and sanitized it, filled it back up and put it back. This overflow isn't going to affect the fermentation is it?

no...you might wanna put a blow off tube on it though.

your cider will be fine. there was enough co2 on top to keep nasties from getting in. I too have found out the hard way that a good fermenting cider sometimes needs a blow off tube

Back