What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy new year all!

image-2307884593.jpg

Doing a Belgian beer tasting with Duvel, St. Bernardus Prior 8, and Rodenbach Grand Cru. The Grand Cru is especially delicious paired with a good French Camembert.

image-2527245461.jpg

Not a bad brew. I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm getting a nice roasted peanut flavor in this with a solid stout base. It's like eating some roasted peanuts and chasing with a nice stout. Amazing.

Attachments

• image-2995691974.jpg
    image-2995691974.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 101
My rotation tonight. I also had Anchor Steam in the mix, but the batch has a strong diacetyl taste. Can't stomach another one.

A few cold beers for me, and some FINE wine for the missus. (building my one gallon carboy collection)

2013-01-01172258_zps59d47ea5.jpg

Okay... Here's the list in no particular order... Highland brewing Gaelic ale, chimay blue, ommegang dubbel( that sucker tasted straight up like slick butterscotch, it was off...) lindeman's framboise, an imperial ESB, SN Celebration ale, and a home brew pumpkin ale. I split most of this tasting session with my buddy.

S.A. Alpine Spring. Not shure if they put this out super early,but this just appeared in my local supermarket out of nowhere. As it wasnt there before. If they did "really?" its dead cold ass winter. Wishfull thinking though. But this is pretty good. Smells great and is tastey. Kinda got a thing for this one.Liked it before but is better than I remembered it.

Not drinking at all tonight.

Hit it WAY too hard last night. Was crazy fun, but SWMBO and I are paying for it big time today. Probably put down 15+ Coors Light playing beer pong, along with a few Coronas thrown in. Was going to brew today, but woke up way too late. I guess I can do it tomorrow haha.

Home Brewed ESB O.G 1.057 finished at 1.014 2-row, munich, vienna, wheat, honey. Northern Brewers, Mt. hoods. Safale-04 (blue pack whitebred) starter

Lagunitas Sucks! Brown Shugga Substitute, A lot of Simcoe here, almost borderline katpiss, but I really love that hop, including that quality, but this is a great beer.

Back