What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope not good. Over carbed drain pour. Salty herbal campfire. Not working for me.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389240033.586716.jpg

Gotta wash it down with my black IPA. Mmm much better
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389240140.585513.jpg

Whadya think? When I had it on draft, I wasn't blown away.

I had it a couple of months ago on tap and it was okay ... better in the bottle, but the brett is very subdued.

On a side-note was talking to the heavy investor in TH tonight and he said with the exception of a few stragglers, the believers club is dried up. So at least when they post bottle counts for a release in the future it should hold to those numbers.

I had it a couple of months ago on tap and it was okay ... better in the bottle, but the brett is very subdued.

On a side-note was talking to the heavy investor in TH tonight and he said with the exception of a few stragglers, the believers club is dried up. So at least when they post bottle counts for a release in the future it should hold to those numbers.

I've been thinking about trying to land another wine barrel Only Void. I really, really liked that beer. You been in to try the Void on tap now?

Crap, I might need to make a snack. I'm craving lebanon balogna now.

I've been thinking about trying to land another wine barrel Only Void. I really, really liked that beer. You been in to try the Void on tap now?

Crap, I might need to make a snack. I'm craving lebanon balogna now.

No, I haven't been down in weeks now. I'm hoping to stop in on Tuesday but fear that will be gone. Did you see the new Tired Hamds sandwich? Looks good (but doubt it would eclipse the Lebanon balogna grilled cheese. I'm hungry too, but too tired to even think of making anything :)

No, I haven't been down in weeks now. I'm hoping to stop in on Tuesday but fear that will be gone. Did you see the new Tired Hamds sandwich? Looks good (but doubt it would eclipse the Lebanon balogna grilled cheese. I'm hungry too, but too tired to even think of making anything :)

New sammich? I havent' seen it. Just checked website, food menu hasn't updated in quite a while. I see another BdG on the beer menu, maybe if he keeps trying, he'll get one right eventualy.

I'm snacking on my homemade prosciutto. Hope you have some recipes for it. :D

New sammich? I havent' seen it. Just checked website, food menu hasn't updated in quite a while. I see another BdG on the beer menu, maybe if he keeps trying, he'll get one right eventualy.

I'm snacking on my homemade prosciutto. Hope you have some recipes for it. :D

They are neglectful of the website ... it was on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=637899426267863&set=a.144391208952023.29431.137305962993881&type=1&theater

I love prosciutto ... wrapped around cantaloupe or in an omelet with some sharp cheese - yum!

Hey - where's Fuzzy? I thought he was always here around this time on weeknights?

Local brewpub winter warmer, followed by local brewpub stout, followed by most of an Odell mix pack-90 Shilling, IPA, Isolation, and a very good Saison.

Today just fuc@#ng sucked. Fuc& you Wednesday, here's hoping Thursday is better. Slainte friends-past, present, & future.

Just had to dump 3 one gallon jugs of apfelwien. Airlock was faulty and it tasted like cardboard soaked in vinegar. Feel like crying right now. Never had apfelwein and this was my first try at brewing it. Damn! I've heard of it before but in all my years of brewing, I've never dumped an entire batch of anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Coffee ... not feeling as bad as I expected this morning. Heck, I even cleaned a case of bottles already this morning! :)

You're crazy mark! I ended up having a ozzy, mad elf and blonde ale from ska to finish off the night. Bad idea as I only got five hours of sleep and now have to drive 11 hours, BUT IM ON VACATION! :ban::mug:

I can get you some! Lets set another one up sometime. I didnt have too much interest in it. i think its around $17 bucks by me in the boroughs. Next time im at the shop ill scoop it up for you. I just put your evil twin clone in the fridge today before work. I will be cracking that bad boy open tomorrow night After this frigid 24 hour shift and 48th hour in the last 57. I need a beer or ten.:D

Hope you like the homebrew when you get into em.

Sounds like a plan Dave! Packing in some OT eh?! I already have a few things set aside for you anyways. I am getting amped up to do a few wheat wines within the next few weeks and would love to try some more out to hone in my malt/hop bill.

Had a couple of the evil twin clones the other day and was really liking the smooth Amarillo profile. Let me know what you think! Your brews are in the fridge as of Monday. Gonna be a good weekend!

More coffee for me...pronto.

From MrNickVT. I'm going to say reading about dry hopped cider before receiving this made me weary. You better like hops if you drink that stuff, i thought. So when I received this bottle I thought it could be a winner or a loser. Not familiar with these hops at all. I just may be a fan and would like to try various hops in ciders now. A delicious hop indeed, Nelson Sauvin. Thanks Nick!
View attachment 171025

I'm not much of a cider guy. But I saw you made some and I've heard nothing but great things about citizen. So I grabbed one of the more interesting ones. Glad you enjoyed it. The cider scene here is huge.

Water.. staring at my airlock. Did my first 2.5AG stovetop batch the other day. Worried about the yeast now. Nice krausen ring forming. Slow start to fermentation after 36 hrs Damn

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I need a maid to cook me breakfast in the morning when I work from home.

Enjoying this Coff as I read an article about the first arrest made for having a "high-capacity" magazine in pistols after it became "illegal" just last week on Jan. 1. Bummer.

Coffee ... not feeling as bad as I expected this morning. Heck, I even cleaned a case of bottles already this morning! :)

Water.. staring at my airlock. Did my first 2.5AG stovetop batch the other day. Worried about the yeast now. Nice krausen ring forming. Slow start to fermentation after 36 hrs Damn

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app
rdwhahb. ;)

My scottish ale and first all grain batch had this beautiful giant krausen the first couple of days. It's fully dropped now, which reminds me of the tons of newbie threads (mine included) about finished beer. One thing I never really did as a newbie was get super impatient and start ****ing with my beer day 4-5. Anyway, I usually leave my beer for about 10 days before I test gravity, but this one makes me wonder if it is done. I used S-04 yeast, pitched dry because after the issues with my volumes and such and missing my OG by quite a bit, I figured I wouldn't waste my time rehydrating.
I'm not much of a cider guy. But I saw you made some and I've heard nothing but great things about citizen. So I grabbed one of the more interesting ones. Glad you enjoyed it. The cider scene here is huge.
Yeah I'll be honest and say I wasn't sure about the recipes that called for dry hopping. I figured if you wanted hops, drink a damn beer. I'm not sure I'm 100% converted but I will definitely try more hopped ciders and may try to make my own one day. Maybe a gallon batch. I think I need leaf hops though, or perhaps I can use pellet in a bag.

Coffee. I have most if not all of the stuff to make my stir plate but now I'm second guessing not buying a switch. May go back out and get a switch after all and perhaps different magnets. Radio Shack only carries the tiny tiny rare earth magnets so I bought rectangular ceramic.

ramble ramble.

I need a maid to cook me breakfast in the morning when I work from home.

Enjoying this Coff as I read an article about the first arrest made for having a "high-capacity" magazine in pistols after it became "illegal" just last week on Jan. 1. Bummer.

About the best reason to live in AZ in my opinion... Ate a bagel and am drinking coffee while searching for parts for an AR-15 build I'm planning :rockin:

About the best reason to live in AZ in my opinion... Ate a bagel and am drinking coffee while searching for parts for an AR-15 build I'm planning :rockin:

The warmer weather wouldn't hurt, either. They started out allowing us to carry 10+ round (I carried 15-round capacity) mags but only with 10 rounds max loaded into them. Spare mags had to hold 10-round max. Now it's 10-round max for mags and they cannot be modified to hold 10 (down from 15). Nowhere does it say I can't chamber a round. So, I have 11 puppies to defend myself and my family when I'm out and about.

Just had a hot cider. About to hit the road.

Back