Keg with a rubber top and bottom for Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suddy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rubber will come off? I have an opportunity to pick up 5 kegs like this on the cheap. I just need to know if I can use them for keggles.

I had a buddy of mine that gave me a keg coated with rubber. Just took a hack saw and chopped away. Wasn't much fun but it worked with a hammer. Good luck.

An electric rig would be ideal. I had a keg like your talking about and when I cut away the rubber top and bottom I found there was no stainless rail (the bottom and top were domed), so I cut the top of and I use it as my tippy-dump Mash Tun with a bottom drain. By the way my rig is all gas fired.

Wouldn't some people actually pay a little more for the "premium" of arubber coated kegs?

Why not try to flip them on Crisgslist and then buy some non-rubber coated ones?

Wouldn't some people actually pay a little more for the "premium" of arubber coated kegs?

Why not try to flip them on Crisgslist and then buy some non-rubber coated ones?

I cant find a keg to save my life on CL in the Greensboro area.

I just picked one up to tryout. Its not rubber on the top and bottom, but a plastic cap. You can pop it off to reveal a rounded bottom.

Time to call the welder. I got this keg for cheap and they had like 15-20 more just waiting to get bought by me if I can make this work.

anyone interested in taking one off my hands if I get the welder to put a support on the bottom?

Yeah that sounds like what I have. My didn't come off quite that easy but it eventually came off. Makes an awesome custom tippy-dump

Suddy,

I would be interested in a couple just the way they are for my electric set up. I sent you a PM. Let me know.

Back