Brewpubs in Nova Scotia?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Clapper

Reaction score
I'm going on a cruise which ports in Nova Scotia (Halifax and Sydney), with a stop at the Bay of Fundy. I'm wondering if anyone is from there or has been to any of these places and can recommend anywhere to get some good food and a few good beers... we're trying to minimize our costs via official cruiseline excursions so I'm trying to get some intel on the places before we go. That way we can wander around and explore on our own if we want to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well I grew up in Sydney and now live in halifax. So in Sydney you are SOL for brew pubs. There are a few neat places to grab a few pints though within abut a 5 minute walk from where the boat docks. One place is called Bunkers Peanut bar - has a nice deck and has a decent selection of imports. There is also a pub connected to the delta hotel called the crown and moose - great food and they also have a decent selection of beers.

Halifax your in luck - there are 3 great choces (atleast that I frequent). My fave is the Rogues Roost - they have super happy hour specials and a great variety of beer made on permises. Another good choice is Gingers tavern or the Henry house they serve granite brewery pints brewed right here in town - and lemme tell you they have some tasty ales. Enjoy your visit to Nova Scotia

Cheers

Clapper, is this one of those cat cruises leaving out of Maine? Is so please let folks know how it went. I've always wondered if it was worth the trip. Thanks and I hope it's a great trip.

grasshopper1917, thanks for the tips. I'll be putting those places in my little notebook and looking for them when we port at Halifax!

Clapper, is this one of those cat cruises leaving out of Maine? Is so please let folks know how it went. I've always wondered if it was worth the trip. Thanks and I hope it's a great trip.

I'm leaving from Boston with Norwegian Cruise Lines, sorry. But I hope it's a great trip, too!

grasshopper1917, thanks for the tips. I'll be putting those places in my little notebook and looking for them when we port at Halifax!

I'm leaving from Boston with Norwegian Cruise Lines, sorry. But I hope it's a great trip, too!

I didn't realize they did those out of Boston. Something to look into for sure. Thanks for the info.

Yes I agree Propellar is the king of Microbrews in Halifax. Heck they are one of the best n Canada. Their London Style Porter is to die for and their ESB is a close second. Will make for good drinking while on the boat :p

Back