HBT NFL Mock Draft '09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Springs wasn't so injury-prone I could see the sense in it, as there is a bit of a logjam at corner and Hobbs is slated to get something like $2.5m this year. But if Springs gets hurt again, then Wheatley or Butler are going to be forced into the starting line-up. And unless BB finds a better pass-rush from somewhere, that's not going to be pretty.

He's making $2.5M and wants to get paid next offseason, so Hobbs was basically a one-year rental at this point. But, he knows the system, he's not great but he's better than a lot of the other guys we've had playing, Springs is getting fairly old, and the kids are, well, kids. I guess he figures Hobbs wasn't going to make it out of camp so get value for him now, but seems like he was relatively low-cost insurance in case someone gets hurt or one of the young guys has trouble making the transition.

Yeah. It'd immediately seem better if they sign Jason Taylor, though I've just noticed the Dolphins didn't take any pass-rushers of note, which I suspect means he'll end up back in Miami for next season.

I think Foote is one hell of a better option for the Lions at MLB than Jordan Dizon or their 3rd round pick out of Wisconsin, DeAndre Levy.

I expect this signing to happen, and I think that the Lions expected it before going into the draft. That's the only logical explaination I can come up with as to why they passed on both James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga at #33.

Lions got a very good inside linebacker. Foote started every game for the Steelers the last 3 years. The only reason he wanted out was he wanted to play every down and saw that Timmons would probably be taking more time from him this year. I think the Steelers wanted to keep him but realized it made cap sense to let him go which is what he requested.

I think Foote would upgrade the LB corps of most NFL teams. He just happened to play on a team with alot of good linebackers.

Craig

Latest posts

Back