Great Lakes Christmas Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
So I just put my new 40qt brew pot through the paces and cooked up a Great Lakes Christmas Ale clone. I pulled the recipe together from a few examples online, changed them to all-grain, adjusted the hop level for a full boil and lowered the IBU's a little. It worked out to be a little on the malty side gravity wise but should even out nicely with the ginger and honey in there. I'll be adding this to the recipe database after I try it out. From what I hear this is a pretty sought after brew come the fall!!! :D

great_lakes_xmas_ale.GIF

Looks like an excellent recipe to me. Keep in mind that if you want more honey character it's better to actually use honey malt rather than actual honey. It tends to ferment out pretty completely.

I'll be stealing this, I hope you don't mind. I hate ginger so I'll be removing it from my version.

So how did it turn out??? Great Lakes Christmas Ale is my favorite beer and a winter treat but the $10.99 per 6 pack is putting me in the poorhouse. I've been looking for the recipe but can't find anything. Is yours in the recipe database? What is the name? If not can you give me a guideline on how much honey I should use?

So how did it turn out??? Great Lakes Christmas Ale is my favorite beer and a winter treat but the $10.99 per 6 pack is putting me in the poorhouse. I've been looking for the recipe but can't find anything. Is yours in the recipe database? What is the name? If not can you give me a guideline on how much honey I should use?[/QUOTE

Bump. I would also like to see the recipe and hear how it turned out.

Back