The single best beer bar in your state?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havent seen any posts from WA yet. Tough, tough decision. Im partial to Brouwers in Fremont (Seattle), Collective on Tap (Woodinville), Bravehorse Tavern (Seattle), and the Noble Fir in Ballard (Seattle).

+1 for brouwers cafe! Collective on tap is ok. It'll get better as they get more established.

drainbamage said:
Hofbräuhaus is great for the atmosphere and for what it represents (and it's only a 20 min. drive from me!), but they lose some points in my book in that they only serve their own stuff. They do what they do very well, but there's no chance of ever going and getting an IPA, imperial stout, or dubbel. Some rotating "guest taps" would be awesome.

Very true. That is the nice thing about the new breweries opening in Lexington. They have rotating guest tap that will even sometimes include their competition from just down the road.

Looks like nobody's chimed in from IL yet, so I'll put in my 2 cents.

There are a lot of great places in Chicago but my personal favorite will be found in the burbs... The Bavarian Lodge in Lisle, IL is a fantastic location. Constantly rotating taps with amazing beers, many hard to find. They utilize the proper glassware for each and every style and the bartenders are extremely knowledgeable. As an added bonus, this excellent beer bar just happens to be smack dab in the middle of a great German restaurant...

Cambridge Brewing Co. doesn't quite have the range of Lord Hobo, but their beers are very good. As it is a short walk from Lord Hobo to CBC, I'd say hit them both.

Haven't heard of Deep Ellum yet - I'll have to check that out this weekend.

Helping JLem out a bit:

Lord Hobo, Cambridge - http://lordhobo.com/
Cambridge Brewing Company, Cambridge - http://www.cambrew.com/

I love CBC. Best brewpub I've ever been to, hands down. Now that they bottle some of their beer it's a little easier to get it, but it used to be you could only find it on tap at a few places around town. And I've definitely done the CBC-Lord Hobo stumble a couple times...

Didnt read correctly the first time. My favorite beer bar in houston tx is the petrol station. Plenty of craft beer and no BMC on tap. Also ypu have to try the rancor burger its awesome

Petrol Station is my go to. Great selection, the only problem is sometime the wait time for food is ridiculous but great place. Texas is Huge so each city has its good beer bars. I like Brews Brothers in Galveston. Great place for beer and now food. Austin has a bunch. Need to get into the business some how

There are a lot of great places in Chicago but my personal favorite will be found in the burbs... The Bavarian Lodge in Lisle, IL is a fantastic location. Constantly rotating taps with amazing beers, many hard to find. They utilize the proper glassware for each and every style and the bartenders are extremely knowledgeable. As an added bonus, this excellent beer bar just happens to be smack dab in the middle of a great German restaurant...

I used to live in Chicago, work in Lisle...Ive been to the Bavarian Lodge.

As much as I want to say Map room, I have to go with Hop Leaf as far as Illinois goes.

http://www.hopleaf.com/dining_menu.html

NYC- Tørst. Pretentious and expensive but dear lord the beers they have there. Lots of stuff I would never expect to see anywhere else. Have yet to eat there.

Boston- I have a soft spot of the Publick House in Brookline. Great beer selection, Belgian leaning, with some of the best Mac and cheese you will ever have

I love CBC. Best brewpub I've ever been to, hands down. Now that they bottle some of their beer it's a little easier to get it, but it used to be you could only find it on tap at a few places around town. And I've definitely done the CBC-Lord Hobo stumble a couple times...

Lord Hobo has a much wider selection of beers, but many are sort of meh, but it a great place to explore styles. They usually have pleasant busomy women tending the taps, which is a definite +1 :ban:. I haven't had the food there but people seem to like it, mostly gastro-hounds.

CBC wins in the good fresh beer department, I think. Their all-Brett Jack Straw is *awesome*. The food is pretty basic pub fare for the most part but it is all fresh and well done. The only gripe I have with them is that it can get really crowded and they play the music too damned loud sometimes in the evenings. I brought a few people there from a local conference and it got so loud that we couldn't hear each other across the table.

I can't get enough of that place. I feel like its Christmas morning every time I go there. Without a doubt my favorite bar/restaurant. The problem is I can't go without getting their food too, so its pretty impossible for me to spend less than $50 bucks or so. World of Beer in Naperville is another good place for just beer, plus I live in Naperville so its very convenient. Also, Lunar Brewery in Villa Park, IL is great. Its a small place that brews their own, but they always have a great craft selection as well. I don't go out in Chicago too much so I can't chime in on the best place in the city to go.

Evan_L said:
CT: Willimantic Brewing Company.

Just went there a couple weeks ago! Good beer great atmosphere! For RI I would say Dohertys East Ave pub in Pawtucket.
http://dohertys.com/beer
84 beers on tap and about 40 bottles too, they offer a great variety. Plus, missing from the menu posted above, they always have a nice first chance and last chance section that continues to change and often times offers nice locals from local nano/micro breweries.

image-3611921718.jpg

Here in Delaware, the original Dogfish Head Brew Pub in Rehoboth is good for the beer. It's where Sam started brewing and still has the brewing equipment in it. Sometimes they have "experimental" small batches that you can only get there.

Up north, Two Stones Pub has probably the biggest beer selection in the state (tiny as it is).

But I'd have to say my favorite is Stewart's Brew Pub in Bear, DE. Not only is their beer great (award winning!) but the food is awesome. My wife doesn't drink beer but she loves going there for the food (and the mudslides, lol)

Mabus said:
Here in Delaware, the original Dogfish Head Brew Pub in Rehoboth is good for the beer. It's where Sam started brewing and still has the brewing equipment in it. Sometimes they have "experimental" small batches that you can only get there.

Up north, Two Stones Pub has probably the biggest beer selection in the state (tiny as it is).

But I'd have to say my favorite is Stewart's Brew Pub in Bear, DE. Not only is their beer great (award winning!) but the food is awesome. My wife doesn't drink beer but she loves going there for the food (and the mudslides, lol)

The DFH pub is always good for the brewpub-only or experimental batches.

But I think the best beer bar has to be Washington Street Ale House in Wilmington. Always a great selection of beer, and good food too.

The DFH pub is always good for the brewpub-only or experimental batches.

But I think the best beer bar has to be Washington Street Ale House in Wilmington. Always a great selection of beer, and good food too.

And there is sushi next door at mikimotos

KY: The Beer Trappe in Lexington is a great place. Nice atmosphere. 8 rotating taps. Hundreds of bottles. Great place to have a brew.

I cant speak for all of Arizona, but in Tucson Az, I would say: 1702

It's down by the University of Arizona. Good Pizza and a great beer selection. Had a Lumberyard IPA (out of Flagstaff, AZ) on tap.

(Double bonus for me, it's on Nob Hill.)

Back