New three PID box from Auber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elfmaze

Reaction score
Pretty neat looks like it is catering toward the brewing market. Precut for 3 PIDS and a heat sink.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_34&products_id=295

Bbox-open.jpg

Bbox-heatsink.jpg

I saw this a few days ago. I wish it was a slightly larger box...if it was it would be perfect.

That is pretty nice and a great idea for Auber to carry. I wish they had a "middle of the road" box/panel smaller than this but bigger than their standard black project box - that one gets tight in a hurry.
But this is a good product - the square holes for the PID's and heat sinks can be more of an issue to cut than the round holes.
And including the big heat sink is a nice touch

It seems like this box is a bit smaller than others that guys are using. I'm almost worried if everything will fit inside it. Currently I am just doing a basic one pump RIMS setup. But eventually I want to expand into an all electric 240v 30 -50 amp system with 2-3 PIDS to integrate the HLT and Boil kettle control. I could fit in the smaller auber box for now, do you guys think this three place box has enough room top grow or find a 16x16x8 like the kal guys are getting?

That'll probably work fine. Just be judicious on your layout and meticulous on your wiring.

Has anyone picked one of these things up yet? Have any issues getting all your components stuffed into it?

It seems like this box is a bit smaller than others that guys are using. I'm almost worried if everything will fit inside it.

This is a really great out-of-context, I couldn't resist pointing it out.

:off:

Has anyone picked one of these things up yet? Have any issues getting all your components stuffed into it?

I was wondering about this box too.
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=305

I can only see one problem with factory pre-cut layout - it is impossible to install a 22mm hole switch directly under the right side PID or timer hole because the door latch is on the way.

I am OK with its dimension otherwise.
For the past 10 months I have been using almost the same size ABS plastic enclosure, only a 2" shallower - 12x16x6 (300x400x160) made by Bud Industries NBF-32026 to house my RIMS setup.

The problems is it has just cracked around PID and adjacent switch. :mad:
This POS's total cost with inner panel was $70, but easy to cut holes in.

This box easily houses 2 PIDs and 1 same DIN size Auber timer nicely.
I only used 1 contactor inside this box, so with 3 relays it may get tight in there. I did not use volt or amp meters in my panel.

I would definitely think this auber box is going to be a tight fit.... my build is in a 18x13x6 harbor freight special case and t's pretty tight

along the 13" side here's my power in and element sockets
power-63754.jpg

Back