Best way to run beer lines about a foot from the kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrapplejoe

Reaction score
I got my summit double kegerator, and will be installing it under my bar that I am building. The run from the tower on top of the bar to the kegerator will be about a foot or so. I went out and bought some pvc and some pipe insulation. Is this the right way to do it or is their an easier and more effective way?

subscribed.

I've got to deal with same thing except with a chest freezer on wheels.

How many lines are you running? What size pipe?

There are several ways. I have a simliar setup. I only have insulation in the tower and no insulation between the top of the fridge and start of the tower. My first pour is foamy and its fine after that.

You can use the same methods seen around here in various posts. Some people wire a PC fan to blow cold air up the tower. The other popular way is passive, you just run the beverage line through a copper tube up the tower. The copper tube has a good amount of length that is in the kegerator either by turning 90 degrees and runnning along the top of the inside of the kegerator or straight done in between the kegs.

Back