Just bought a kegging setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usnsti

Reaction score
Bought a 5 lb CO2 bottle, 2 5 gal corny kegs, pressure regulature, fittings and tap tonight. here are a few pics. Here's hoping it goes as well with the kegs as it did with the bottles.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

DSCN0692.JPG

DSCN0693.JPG

you'll definitely like kegging.

you will also want to get at least a picnic tap and some (at least 5 ft) 3/16'' ID thick walled smooth bore beverage grade tubing for serving, rather than the faucet off the QD. you can't balance at all with that.

Those are pinlocks, not ball locks. (Coke, not Pepsi.) Most HBs like the ball locks, because they are shorter than the Coke Cornies. But, for some strange reason, I like the pinlock Cornies. (Probably because my first rig was pinlock.)

So far, I've got everything to run ball locks, except the reefer, kegs and Cornies. Got a 2 stage, 2 regulator set-up. And, a BUNCH of QCs. I've got a line on a 20 LB Co2 bottle, and the kegs will be cheap from work.

(Now, all I need, is the room for another refrigerator. But, I can probably use it to cool my computer CPU, too.)

steve

skou said:
Those are pinlocks, not ball locks. (Coke, not Pepsi.) Most HBs like the ball locks, because they are shorter than the Coke Cornies. But, for some strange reason, I like the pinlock Cornies. (Probably because my first rig was pinlock.)

steve

I don't think that most HBer's like the ball locks more it's just that the pin locks are harder to find, even here in Atlanta the home of Coca Cola. With the ball locks being more available they are also usually cheaper and so are the accessories. At least that's my experience.

skou said:
Most HBs like the ball locks, because they are shorter than the Coke Cornies.

steve

That is strange, I have 2 ball lock and one pin lock, the pin lock keg is shorter than the ball lock kegs.

also, you have it backwards, pin locks are shorter and wider, wheras ball lock are taller and skinnier.

i use both. basically i use whatever i come by. i found some ball locks on craigslist first, then some pin, some ball, etc. now i have about 10 pin locks and maybe 25 or so ball lock. i just use flared connectors so that i am not limited in this respect. both kegs work the same for me.

only thing about those kegs in the picture i would change would be the plastic lid, but it should functionally work just as well. i just prefer SS - that's just me though.

gnef said:
you'll definitely like kegging.

you will also want to get at least a picnic tap and some (at least 5 ft) 3/16'' ID thick walled smooth bore beverage grade tubing for serving, rather than the faucet off the QD. you can't balance at all with that.

Cool yes I got one of those also, not in the pics. I thought the one in the pics would be better. I think I will try both and see which works better......

:mug:

:rockin:

Latest posts

Back