soft water analysis?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeM

Reaction score
I have a water softener and am planning on getting my softened water analyzed. From scouring this site I have come to learn that softened water is unacceptably high in sodium. Has anyone with softened water had their water analyzed?
Thanks,
Mike

My plan is to dilute it with distilled water and add water additives as needed. Hopefully I can save money on bottled water by doing this. Does it sound brilliant or stupid?
Thanks,
Mike

I would check if your local supermarket has RO water refill stations that charge 25c a gallon. Someone where I live sent it off for testing and it was nearly distilled water in its mineral content. Pretty incredible...

Thanks for the info. After reading Palmer's section on water for the 100th time it finally sunk through my thick skull not to waste my time with softened water. My outside water is not softened so I am going to go to Walmart and pick up an inline filter to attach to the hose.
Mike

Latest posts

Back