Halloween brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kagythings

Reaction score
I'm planning to brew on Halloween morning and found a Vanilla Bourbon Porter posted by Lil' Sparky on here from Denny Conn to make. I'm excited about it and figured a dark beer on Halloween was fitting. Anyone else out there planning a Halloween Brew or a Halloween themed beer? I'm sure there are quite a few pumpkin brews out there but I'm thinking of the darker brews or out of the ordinary Halloween beer. What are you brewing up?

I am probably going to brew something lighter that should be ready around Christmas. Don't know what yet (have to see what left over hops are in my freezer).

I was going to wait until a bit later in the evening, possibly dress up in costume, and stand near my 15 gallon pot. When the adults ask what I am doing, I can share a beer with them while their children get some candy. I suggested to my wife that she should dress up like a witch and stand by the pot like it was a cauldren, but she shot down that idea quickly.

I'm brewing up a chocolate wheat beer, maybe tonight or tomorrow?? Its black and scary! lol

Brewing an amber ale tomorrow with the wife. Should be a relaxing morning while the kids are at school.

We're brewing for our Kickstarter Launch Party so we need to have tons of beer ready for Sunday 11/11. That means tomorrow will probably be ESB and Cream Ale, all on a worknight! Seriously, though, you cannot beat that cream ale my wife designed. It's perfection in a glass. Can't wait to drink it again, and we just killed a keg of it on Saturday!

Brewing extract mad elf clone for Halloween. Hopefully ready by Xmas. Mmmm mad elf, I miss your deliciousness!

Brewed the Porter and it smells great and the wort tasted good and sweet. My gravity reading was higher than expected but that shouldn't be a bad thing. I'm really excited to try this brew but now comes the patience enough to let it sit in bottles for a few months. You guys have some good beer lined up to brew. Hope it all went well. Happy Halloween!

We ended up nixing the ESB and making the cream ale. We put together a quick recipe for a tasty belgian rye that should be nice and that's getting brewed tonight. The cream ale should be awesome (it's our most brewed beer of all time, so I have an idea of how it will turn out).

Back