Jolly Pumpkin / Nøgne-Ø / Stone Special Holiday Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
10/10. Quite possibly the best beer I have had. Ever. In the history of everything. If you can find it, get as many as you financially can. The sage is what hits you first, but give it a few seconds and the malt and berries start playing a sexy game of Sirocco on your tongue while a warm alcohol note caresses the back of your throat.

I'd elaborate, but doing so would necessitate moving this thread to the Boneyard.

That is all. :ban:

In 2008, after tasting this beer at a Christmas party, I spent the next month tracking them down and bought a half-dozen 12 oz. bottles at $5/ea!

I was able to save two of them for last year and did a vertical tasting with some friends of 2009's beer. The spice in the '08 had mellowed dramatically, revealing a complex, malty beer. However, the '09 was preferred by most of us for that spice kick-in-the-teeth.

This beer is unexplainably awesome about 4-5 beers into a session. It just cuts through all the bullsH!+ without just ruining your palate.

+1,000,000

Love Jolly Pumpkin. They have a brewPub restaurant in Traverse City on one of the peninsulas that has insanely awesome food and some great Sours on tap.

Love Jolly Pumpkin. They have a brewPub restaurant in Traverse City on one of the peninsulas that has insanely awesome food and some great Sours on tap.

Yes they do I was there last weekend drinking some special brews with the brewer in the brew house.

Pat

I've only had Stone's version so far, but it was a very very good beer.

Finally got around to picking up Nogne-O's version and cant wait to try it.

Patiently waiting for Jolly Pumpkin's version this year.

Had this the other night. F'ing delicious... might be one of my favorite beers ever. I am definitely going to have to hunt down some of the Jolly Pumpkin version.

I've had a JP bottle of it for a year or so. I should probably get around to drinking it. Is it a Wild ale?

Hmmm, just looked at my bottle and it reads "sour ale". Maybe its the same recipe but JP sours theirs.

I should probably note (since this is getting a lot of attention now) that this is a 3-part brew-fest between Jolly Pumpkin, Nogne-O and Stone, each producing an individually different brew: The Stone Blog » Collaboration REDUX at Jolly Pumpkin this Sunday!

The one I tried above had this label:

nogne_jolly_pumpkin_stone_holiday_2.jpg

Back