HAPPY HALLOWEEN - What are your plans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was up late last night simmering a big pot of chili.

I moved my Anchor Steam clone to the upstairs kegerator, right next to my fresh keg of Centennial Blonde.

I moved about a case of mixed HB bottles into a cooler on ice.

We have just a few friends coming over with their kids to T&T, but the neighborhood will be crawling with kids and their thirsty Dad’s. I plan on handing out some draft HB to the Dad’s in the neighborhood (albeit in plastic cups).

What about y’all? What are your plans for the evening and is some HB in the forecast?

No HB for me....im bottling my brown ale on friday so thats as close as im going to get....ive got some Summit IPA and Summit Porter in the fridge along side a couple nice big juicy cuts of ribeye that are just waiting to be grilled when im done with work!

Probably just have some brews, eat some steak and hand out candy to the neighborhood kiddies with SWMBO.

SWMBO and I are taking the kids (4 & 2) trick or treating in the neighborhood.

After that, I want to compare the porter I brewed to a couple of commercial examples I have on hand.

SWMBO dropped a few hints this AM, so tonight I'm going for the ole EF. :rockin:

brloomis said:

After that, I want to compare the porter I brewed to a couple of commercial examples I have on hand.

SWMBO dropped a few hints this AM, so tonight I'm going for the ole EF. :rockin:

Nice - I'm with you on the first part - good luck with the last part!

We're getting the grill going and I plan on having some HB when I get home. I've got some SNPA and Sam Adams at the place we're doing the get together tonight. We'll be handing out candy too. None of us have kids but for some reason, my buddy and his g/f want to give away perfectly good candy to strangers.

This gives me an excuse to have a couple good brews on a weekday.

Nothing crazy. Homebrew (as always...when do I not have a homebrew?) and a board meeting for our LLC. We're slated to get our Alcoholic Beverage Control license this week, and there's lots of work to be done.

Oh, and I'll be sure to turn off the porch light. I've got no candy, and I don't think I'd wanna go to prison for handing out homebrew to 10-year olds.

we're taking the kids out for a bit of trick or treating. Then once they are on bed the wife and I are going to put back a few pints.

Handing out candy in my "scarey" costume. Beer-wise I'll only be having one 22oz of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpking after the kids are gone. I love Halloween and beer :mug:

We're having a get together with my sisters coming over as well as my niece and nephew. Then it will be some T&T with the kids and a sleep over with their cousins. We usually have a combo birthday party and halloween bash for me and my sis (Oct 28th and Nov. 1st). But she has the flu so we are going to keep the kids for her tonight (single mom, widowed). I'll probably be the one to stick around the house and hand out treats while everyone else is running around in the dark. Which is fine by me, I'll be hittin' the keg.

brloomis said:

So she's going as a dude for H-ween?

We've got friends coming over for T&T. Me and the other dad will stay behind and pass out candy while the wives walk the young'uns around. I have to be up at 5 tomorrow so it'll be an early night for me.

Nothing spectacular. Kegging my stout. Working on my FIL compuer :mad:

Tipping back a couple Belgian Golden Ales and handing out candy with SWMBO.

I am a Halloween baby, so I am cutting out of work early and having Dinner with the Wife and kid. It is my daughter's first Halloween (3 mos.) so my mom will be coming by and friends will be stopping over for sure. I will bee drinking a mix of homebrew and commercial Belgians all night.

Wifey's taking Cassie out trick-or-treating, and since they're getting dinner when they're out as well, I'm going to start at the office and get caught up on work so I can take Friday off. I hate those teenagers who come to the door, anyway. F*ck 'em, I'm going to keep their damn candy for myself!

I think I will go home and sit in my front yard surrounded by homebrew and wave my shotgun at all the teenagers that come by with TP..... OR I will just go grocery shopping then partake in the hb part of the plan.

I'm a hotel room where I have in the fridge a bottle of....

Victory Hop Devil
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA
Stouds American Pale Ale
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Got an early flight home in the morning so I'm calling it an early night.

SWMBO, Lydia and I are going to scare the Bejezzez out every kid in the neighborhood and drink homebrew.

Lydia the FCG
1529714906_f50d07321e.jpg

Her Tombstone
1529714178_548ac4f6f0.jpg

[Youtube]zkhaSg0BEEc[/Youtube]

yeah, I'll be scaring a few kids too...then I'll get bored and play video games. I have a SN Harvest Ale that's been begging me to drink it.

Pss I've got a test tonight! I had a test this morning too....sucks!

We normally hang out and hand out candy but this year we didn't even put up our lights or anything bc I'll be gone

I should be studying...

EdWort said:
I'm a hotel room where I have in the fridge a bottle of....

Victory Hop Devil
Stouds American Pale Ale
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Uh, make that a bottle of

Victory Hop Devil

Just made myself 5 gallons of Apfelwein and plan on enjoying some of my HB while watching a new South Park and Sarah Silverman show. Its gonna be a nice night.

1.Passing out candy.
2.Drinking homebrew- samping first decocted hefe, maybe finishing ESB keg, working(drinking) on Stone IPA clone, maybe fit an Irish Red in somewhere towards the end or maybe some Imp. Stout thats been lingering since about last Dec.
3.Getting Older- but 30 is the new 20..........right?

Ill be brewing my Stone IPA clone that just came in the mail from AHS. Grilling brats, and handing out candy. Some friends are coming over too. Got a case of Sam Adams Summer Ale, 6 bottles of Yuengling, a bunch of my Oktoberfest, and a growler of Rouge Dead Guy Ale. So, Im brewing, Grilling, Eating, Driking, and playing Guitar Hero III!!!!!:rockin:

We're hanging around drinking a mixed six pack that i picked up last night, eating a fab dinner, and waiting for the kiddies.
I love Halloween :)

I dunno, maybe Hooters down the street..............gotta go where the shuttle goes

They came....they saw....they took all my candy. It only took 1 hour to take all of my precious Reeses, Snickers, Peanut M&M's, and Butterfingers. Now it's gone....all gone. :(

They will pay dearly next year.

Latest posts

Back