Mead and beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CityOChampBrew

Reaction score
So I was drinking mead and forgot that I was drinking it when I went to refresh my glass. So now I am drinking a mix of about 1/4 glass of mead and 3/4 belgian wit. I must say this is an amazing combination. Has anyone else ever done this either by accident or on purpose? Don't know if it can truely be called a braggot as the ingredients weren't fermented together. More like a mead "shanty" of sorts.

Not gonna lie this is a great combo.. If I wasn't all about drinking this raspberry melomel straight I would do this ALL the time

.5 raspberry melomel/ .5 belgian wit

I call it the drunken elf, seems fitting being in the mad elf chaslice

IMG_0361.jpg

Ohh my lord this is dangerously good and easy to drink.. as I have just polished off 2 bottles of mead and I wanan go for more...

Maybe not the best Idea as the raspberry mead was 16-18% toi start with.. not sure on actual alcohol content as it was 16% before raspberries entered the beverage... and I added 6 lbs of the amazoing friut

This was lethal last night, I can't get that delish taste out of my head.. I'm gonna have to brew another mead and a wit with the intent to blend in a keg

True story.

I came home after having too many drinks. As a midnight snack before bed I ate left over Thai food. I thought it would be a Great idea to mix it with anchovy paste and nutella so I did and ate it.

It tasted Awesome.

On subsequent days I have failed to replicate the delischiousness of the secret Pad Thai recipe.

Also there was this one time where my best friend thought my glass was her glass, and like 4 drops of apple cider fell into my delischious malt beverage thereby tainting it forever. Friends don't let friend mix their malt beverages.

Back