Article - Top 20 Craft Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see Great Lakes making the list. They are cranking out some good stuff recently. There is tons of great beer on that list!

That list is actually missing one. If craft breweries are those producing under 6,000,000 barrels a year, then Yeungling would be the nation's largest craft brewery, as they passed Sam Adams in production numbers last year for the first time, at just under 2,500,000 barrels.

Of course, the writer of the article, like everyone else, probably wouldn't consider Yuengling a craft brewery any more than I would, but then she should have used a different definition of the term in her article if she was going to omit them.

I think they need to redefine "craft brewery" as under 500,000 barrels, as the guys in the top 4 in that article are gigantic international brands that produce ALOT of beer.

I agree, there should be a category between "Microbrewery" and "Craft Brewery". There is a massive difference between Sam Adams and Great Lakes, both in quality AND quantity.

#7 Deschutes Brewery makes the list. I'm happy. # 1 sam adams. I know they sell alot of brew. But how? They are not that great in my eyes.

Its purely on sales amounts, so obviously Jim's marketing budget is worth the millions he's spending.

popular brands from Bells: Bells Lager and Jave Stout.....

really?

I like how they have glasses from The Church in Pittsburgh. I'd go there If you're ever in Pittsburgh good beer, food and a really really cool brewpub.

Back