Sour taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bock

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is brew 4 and other 3 other brew was like 2-3 years ago with no boil exctract. So this is the first one with a real extract kit.

The beer has been in the primary for 3 week and now it's in the keg in the kegerator. I took a sample before carb was done and it smeel realy great but have a little sour taste. Do this taste will disapear with time? and what can cause this taste?

Extract kit is a american ale kit from Moorbeer. I sanitize everything with star san. Only thing i forgot on brew day was to top off with pre-boiled water. I took the water directly out of the sink.

So i need your help to make sure the next batch will be perfect!

Thank you and sorry for my bad english! Mhehe

Sour can mean different things to different people. Best case scenario is it fades over the couple of weeks. Worst case is it gets worse over time and would indicate some kind of infection. Either way, I always topped off with just filtered tap watet, no boiling.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Home Brew Talk

Back