Whatever happened to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
I saw a thread similar to this a couple of years ago, but I clicked on a few related links (at the bottom of the page) tonight and saw some names that I haven't seen for a LONG time. I lurked as an unregistered user for close to a year before I finally registered in 11/06, then it took me a good 4-5 months to actually start posting, so I've been around here a good 4 years (roughly). I saw some names today that I haven't seen in quite a long time.

So whatever happened to:

Baron Von BeeGee
RichBrewer (whom I met in person at NHC '08 - great guy. I know he went through some personal stuff, but I didn't expect him to completely disappear)
Spyk'd
Talleymonster
Soulive
Sir Humpsalot/Damn_Squirrels/xxxxx (he had a different screen name before that but I can't remember what it was ATM)
Big Kahuna
Boston (he shows up for FFB, but hhaven't seen him post much otherwise)
Chairman_Cheyco (I saw him in chat about 8 months ago)
Walkersan (also participates in FFB, but that's about it as far as I've seen)
Sause (One of the most senoir members of the site who has never posted much, but I haven't seen him around much lately at all)
Revvy (his posts per day have dropped from 60 to about 20 - what the hell us up with that??? ...I'm joking..., ...obviously... :D :D)

There are others that I can remember posts from but I can't find their usernames. One in particular that stands out is a guy that worked in the video game industry. His posts were always so well thought out and concise, I would have sworn that he had a PhD in Psychology.

What about you... any other people that you've noticed have disappeared over the years?

One in particular that stands out is a guy that worked in the video game industry. His posts were always so well thought out and concise, I would have sworn that he had a PhD n Psychology.

Well, that applies to pretty much every one of us magnificent bastards. Except for the video game industry part of course. And the well thought out and concise comment. But other than that, we're all ..... not psychologists.

You know, now that I think of it, I've never met any dude like that. But good luck in your search.

:rockin:

There are others that I can remember posts from but I can't find their usernames. One in particular that stands out is a guy that worked in the video game industry. His posts were always so well thought out and concise, I would have sworn that he had a PhD in Psychology.

What about you... any other people that you've noticed have disappeared over the years?
Wasn't his username kornkob but there was another guy who moved West and lost his job. Can't remember him.

I thought Big Kahuna bought a newspaper or something like that.

I've wondered about Cheyco.

Big Kahuna still pops up daily on Twitter.
Haven't heard from many of the others in awhile. I think Sir Humpsalot checked in a few months ago.
One of the other ones that disappeared is landhoney.

If I were bored I click on each profile and see when they last logged in.

I do know BigKahuna did buy a newspaper so he's really busy for awhile. No idea with Talleymonster, RichBrewer (yooper might know) and the others. I wish I knew what happened to landhoney. Sometimes I wonder if he died, but we'll never know?

I haven't seen Dude around in awhile.

And where is Warped04? I haven't seen wally around in awhile.

Blender, it was indeed kornkob, who hasn't been around since May.

No idea with Talleymonster, RichBrewer (yooper might know) and the others.

I haven't talked to Rich in ages, maybe a couple of months. Last time I spoke to him, he said that work was really stressing him out and he was working 12 hour days and still trying to be a good dad. I know he rented a room from a guy who died, so he was also saying he might be forced to move (again). I believe his parents were both ailing, as well.

I sent him an email today, since I've been thinking about him, but haven't heard back from him.

I sure do miss the "oldtimers", now that you mention it. I haven't even heard from MrFebtober and his wife, who we also met at the '08 NHBC, and even Bearcat Beermeister hasn't been around since FFB ended.

Baron Von Beegee if fine, his wife gave birth to another beautiful daughter in May. He called me last week, we made a date to brew an Oktoberfest in a few weeks.

Walkersan is doing well, real busy at work, 3 little kids keep him occupied. We get together most every Saturday night to drink beer and jam on the guitars.

As for Boston; he checks the boards periodically.

sause was on today. Bernie Brewer, cookiebags, and I brewed with him back in February. I also know that sause saw landhoney right after he moved to Florida.

Yey I'm missed!!! But besides that I and Pumbaa (another lost soul besides the debate forum) met up with Dude last year at Irish Fest. Yeah I'm not sure what happened to landhoney he did kind of leave after our meeting up. No I didn't kill him. I really would like to see Janx around again, I see him lurking everyonce in a while.

There was a thread a while back about Landhoney...I'll try to find it. Someone mentioned in that thread that the saw him posting at a cigar forum that they frequent so he's still alive...I can't remember who. IIRC there was some problem with a swap that he never mailed his beer or something. That could be why he's not here but I'm just speculating...

IIRC there was some problem with a swap that he never mailed his beer or something. That could be why he's not here but I'm just speculating...

Yup, I didn't get my 8-8-8 RIS from him. But seriously it's not a big deal to me. I'd rather have the guy around and hope he isn't hiding out because of this. He was into some crazy natural fermentation stuff and had some killer posts on it.

Yey I'm missed!!! But besides that I and Pumbaa (another lost soul besides the debate forum) met up with Dude last year at Irish Fest. Yeah I'm not sure what happened to landhoney he did kind of leave after our meeting up. No I didn't kill him. I really would like to see Janx around again, I see him lurking everyonce in a while.

If you're still around, Sause, you wanna go to Irish Fest on August 14th? Or go out for a coupla beer two tree? I was thinking the Lakefront Fish Fry could be fun.

I can't drink too much that night- I have to drive home pretty early on Saturday. But I can still manage to put away a couple, I'm sure.

I have to roust up Pumbaa, Short Drive, Brewmeister Jeff, CookieBaggs, etc, so I'll post that in the SEWAGE group.

Yup, I didn't get my 8-8-8 RIS from him. But seriously it's not a big deal to me. I'd rather have the guy around and hope he isn't hiding out because of this. He was into some crazy natural fermentation stuff and had some killer posts on it.

That's right. I couldn't remember who was on the other end of that swap but I figured it was water under the bridge by now.

He had some really awesome posts on wild brews. It seems as he always brewed amazing, off-the-wall stuff.

Back