Fatal family accident please pray for my wife's family!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just want to thank you all for your positive energy and prayers. We are witnessing a miracle without a doubt. Mike has opened his eyes. He is using cognitive process, The doctor (Not the one that wanted to take this young man off life support Monday) asked Mike to squeeze his hand...and he did!!!!:rockin: his eyes wonder around the room and tries to look at his mom but he is still VERY HEAVILY sedated.
I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!! Our prayers are being answered.

We, You, All our prayers, All our positive energy, is saving this young man, and blessing his Mom and Dad.

Again Thank you all :mug:
Jay

Awesome news Jay! Still keeping Mike C., you, and your family in my prayers!

Every morning I check the update to this thread, and the last two mornings it has been the absolute best way to get my morning started with such amazing news.

+1 im still praying and pulling for him!

Just found this thread. I am so happy to hear Mike is doing better. +1 praying for a complete recovery!

Well I wanted to give an update on Mike. He is doing really good, he will move his eyebrows and move his head a little, he responds to touch and sounds very well. He is making great strides. Seems to be with us a little more every day. Not talking yet, but he will, I have faith! Everyday we hope, this is the day he snaps out of it, and he will. I still pray a lot for him and his parents.
What a tragic thing no parent should ever experience.
Thanks again for all the positive energy and the prayers.
I am thinking about writing a letter to the newspaper ( yes I will use spell check...LOL) and thanking the entire community for all the prayers for this young man.
My neighbors son came over the other day and asked me if it was my cousin who was on life support in ICU. I asked him why he asked, and he told me he was at church last Sunday and the pastor was talking to the congregation about a very heartfelt message he got on his answering machine from a Jay Soandso and he had the entire congregation praying for Mike. How freeken cool is that. See last week I called a bunch of the congregations and left messages about Mikes situation and asked if they would all pray for him....Well they are responding with prayer and powerful positive evergy.
Thanks for reading and responding. Its so nice to know there are still people in the world that will give themselves freely for someone they don't even know.
There IS still good in the world, You just have to know the right people!
God Bless
Jay

So they are taking Mike down to Davis today to start his rehab. Yesterday for the first time Mike started talking and started walking a few days before that. He was telling his mom that he wanted Sprite and hambergers and beef and french fries, I mean I guess he was just yaken about all kinds of stuff, LOL this is the news I was waiting to hear. This kid is so tuff. What a blessing.
He has such a long way to go....But what a start.
I can't thank you all enough for all the great energy and all the prayers!!!
Cheers
Jay

Great news Jay!

I will continue to pray for Mike and his family and thank God for his healing touch.

+1 sending good thoughts your way. I just read this post now and am glad that i did.

Because of your post i am going to go tell my family that I love them dearly (i do tell them but i admit i don't do it often enough).
Thank you.

Yesterday for the first time Mike started talking and started walking a few days before that. He was telling his mom that he wanted Sprite and hambergers and beef and french fries,

Outstanding Jay! And way to go Mike!

How nice, to hear some good news to start the week. :)

Awesome, awesome news. I'm elated to see that you never gave up hope and stayed positive. The world needs more people like you around. Cheers, man.

wings.gif

I'm newer around here and just caught this thread. I'm so happy for you that he is recovering well! I'm saying a prayer for him right now thanking God that he is ok and that he is recovering.

I know I'm a bit late in this thread, but I will send good energy Mike's way, and hope for a speedy recovery!

WOW!!!
Over a year later and you guys are still sending good thoughts Mike's way. You all are the best!!!!! And he still needs them.
I guess I will give a little update to Mike’s recovery.

Mike in the last 4-5 months seems to be doing well. He is coaching (with help) 10-14 year old boy’s baseball; he has a job, and seems to be doing fairly well. Mike will never be the same guy he was before the accident, he just isn't all there as you can imagine, being brain-dead for so long can really take its toll on a guy LOL. He is a strong guy so he has that going for him to help. He is always talking to the young guys about the need for a helmet when you do stupid $#!T. Good for him and everyone around him!

I really can't thank all of you enough for all the praying and great positive thoughts that came from here. This was a great place for me to vent my feelings about such a great person during such a difficult time and you all responded with an open heart and outcry of support.

I will give mike an update to all the continued support. This guy will be in recovery for the rest of his life, as I am sure you can imagine.
Again thanks for all the great energy.
Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back