Brewing instructions? LME.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortHog1242

Reaction score
I have 3.3 lbs of Briess CBW Bavarian wheat LME unhopped. Also some Spalter and German Perle hops. My questions are:
1. Do I need to add any brew sugar? I'm thinking no.
2. How much water should I start with when brewing the hops ( may add orange peel and corinader). Should I follow an extract method of about 4 cups hot water, add malt then put in fermenter and add cold water? Or should I do a full 2.5 gallon boil then add the LME and cool down to pitch yeast.
Should I add anything else?
Thanks again..

What size batch are you trying to make? I would boil as much water as possible. For instance, if yo are making a 3 gallon batch, and you jave capaicity to boil all three gallons + LME + Hops, go for it. Then cool the wort, and pitch the yeast.

What size batch are you trying to make? I would boil as much water as possible. For instance, if yo are making a 3 gallon batch, and you jave capaicity to boil all three gallons + LME + Hops, go for it. Then cool the wort, and pitch the yeast.

LHBS guy said its good for about 2-3 gallons, so I'm thinking about 2.5. I assume I should boil about 3 gallons, to make up for evaporation?
Thanks for your help.

Back