I need a tiny faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
I bought this cool glass vessel (used) for dispensing liquids, I plan on doing infused liquors etc but the plastic faucet does not shut off properly. It's a cheap plastic faucet. I have gone to some pretty good hardware stores and found nothing that would come close to fitting. The hole is small, barely 5/16". I have some diamond coated dremel bits that could grind the hole larger but I'm afraid of breaking the thing. A picnic tap almost fits in all the way but being barbed there's no way to seal it. Suggestions?

web.jpg

web-1.jpg

5/16" or about 8mm is the ID of the hole in the vessel. Lonnie, thanks for the link, that may be the ticket if I can grind another mm or two out of it. I have a couple larger glass drill bits, which might get me into another size up but I know how easy it it to break glass when drilling (actually micro grinding) it. I've experimented with glass drilling in the past.

It's possible to enlarge the hole using a drill with a cone shaped grind stone bit. This requires patience and gentle pressure to keep from cracking the glass. Too fast and the glass will get hot and fracture. Too much pressure can do the same. It's a risky procedure, but it can be done.

Ok I was able to track down the maker of the fountains in France. Thanks for the lead, Gila. He said if I order something from his shop Absinthe Frenchman Spoon Web Shop he would send me a faucet for free. So 9 euro later I should have a pretty absinthe spoon and a new faucet. I only paid $5 for the fountain at a garage sale.

Back