My first homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flylock_jac

Reaction score
This is the first homebrew of mine that I've finally gotten to drink.
Did my first extract brew ,which was a nut brown ale. while it was in the secondary I brewed the American lager that came with my kit.I wanted something with a bit more flavor so I added about a 1/4 bottle of molasses to it.
Taste more like an ale,but that's what I wanted.
The nut brown was bottled last week ,so can't sample it for a couple weeks.
This one was bottled around the middle of January and am enjoying my very first as I type. It was worth the wait.

beer.jpg

Did my first extract brew ,which was a nut brown ale. while it was in the secondary I brewed the American lager that came with my kit.I wanted something with a bit more flavor so I added about a 1/4 bottle of molasses to it.
Taste more like an ale,but that's what I wanted.
The nut brown was bottled last week ,so can't sample it for a couple weeks.
This one was bottled around the middle of January and am enjoying my very first as I type. It was worth the wait.
I'm confused. You brewed the Nut Brown first. But this American lager finished before hand?

Well the nut brown was done first , but wanted to condition it longer. I wasn't sure how this batch of Lager was going to taste with the molasses in it. I figured I had a 50/50 chance of it being drinkable so opened it first.Guess I didn't explain myself too well in the original post. Was late and had a long day.

i like how its your first home brew, yet its the "Original, Award Winning..." hehe

jk. Congrats on the first batch :mug:

Back